Chapter 11

*Outfit of the day*

Today was the home run derby and of course, Giancarlo was the front runner to win it all, again. I was beyond happy to see the stands full of people for the event tonight. "Baby, you look so good." Christian said coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"You do too, oh wait, you look good like that every day." I said turning in his arms and kissing his lips. "Baby not here, wait till we get home." He said after I kissed him and I let out a laugh. "I gotta go talk now." I said patting his chest and walking over to the stage that had in the middle of the infield.

"Introducing the owner of your Miami Marlins, Gianna Hammer!" The original announcer announced over the P.A. and the crowd went wild for me. "Hello everyone! Who is ready to watch these guys do their thing tonight?" I said and they went wild.

"Alright who is ready to catch some home runs tonight in the outfield? Now who is ready to meet who is going to be hitting the home runs tonight?" I yelled and the crowd just got louder and louder.

"From the American League we have: from the New York Yankees, Aaron Judge! From the Los Angeles Angels, Mike Trout! From the Baltimore Orioles, Mark Trumbo and from the Boston Red Sox, Hanley Ramirez!"

"Now who's ready for the National League?!" I yelled and all the AL guys had given me hugs and Aaron Judge was fucking huge, like bigger than Giancarlo huge.

"From the Milwaukee Brewers, Eric Thames! From the Colorado Rockies, Nolan Arenado! From the Washington Nationals, Ryan Zimmerman! And your reigning Home Run Derby Champion, your right fielder here in Marlin's Park for your Miami Marlins, please help me welcome Giancarlo Stanton!"

The crowd went absolutely wild. "Alright alright. So the matches will be in the first and second round, american vs american league and national vs. national league and then it will be national vs american league in the final. The first match is going to be american league and it will be Mike Trout vs. Hanley Ramirez, get to swinging boys." I said and I walked off the stage and back to the National League side.

"You're so hot when you get pumped up." Christian said as I walked back over to him as the match began. Trout was fire right now and the crowd was loving it, but I knew Hanley could hit for power, like a lot of power.

"I know I get hot, I love baseball and this is my favorite part of the season. I love watching all the power and the kids faces light up when they catch ball after ball. It just makes me happy." I said with a smile on my face as I watched Mike Trout crush a ball into center field.

"You make me happy, happier than baseball ever could." He said. "You really mean that? Because baseball is kind of our life." I said turning to look at him, and he looked sincere. "I really mean that. I don't come home to baseball, I come home to you. You're my life outside of baseball."

"Alright were at the home run derby, don't make me cry." I said and he smiled. "I truly do love you Gianna." That was the first time he told me he loved me and now I was for sure going to cry. I hadn't had a guy tell me he loved me in god knows how long and I can't help the amazing feeling that I got hearing come out of Christians mouth.

"Oh shit, was it too early? God damn I'm a fuck up." He said face palming himself and I laughed. "No, not too soon at all. I was just thinking about how a guy hadn't told me he loved me in god knows how long and I can proudly say that I love you too Christian."

"Good because I wasn't going to be too happy if you didn't say it back." He said before he kissed me. "PDA PDA!" Dee said running around the field that we were allowed to walk on. "Oh shut it Dee." I said smacking his arm. "Oh yeah cause that hurt." He said sticking his tongue out at me.

"You want it to hurt?" I said throwing up my fists and he shook his head as fast as he could no. "Yeah that's what I thought." I said with a laugh as I returned to Christians arms as we watched the rest of the derby.

Trout had beaten Ramirez, Arenado had beaten Thames, Judge had beaten Trumbo (by a long shot), Giancarlo had obviously beaten Zimmerman.

The next round was just as good as the first. Judge had beaten Trout and that was electric. He had beaten him by one and damn he was young but he was good and Giancarlo had beaten Arenado.

"Alright who is ready for the final round??" I asked into the microphone and everyone went crazy. "We have literally almost the same size guys with the same amount of power, who's ready to see a lot of homers?"

I left it at that and then the guys went to work. Let me tell you, this round was amazing and I couldn't stop screaming for Giancarlo every time he hit a home run. He had hit 24 home runs and I thought I lost my voice.

Judge had only hit 15. The crowd went wild as Giancarlo was crowned champion for the second year in a row. "Proud of you big G." I said as I gave him a hug. "Let's see you hit one that far." He said and I laughed loudly.

"Oh you're a funny man Giancarlo." I said as I grabbed Christians hand as we left the stadium. He didn't have to do any interviews, so we could just right back to his apartment, where I had been staying a lot lately.

"You know, you should just move in here." Christian said as we walked through the door of his apartment. "Yeah but I feel like that's too early in our relationship for that. We have barely dated. Maybe later." I said shrugging my shoulders as I looked out to the skyline on Miami from his living room window.

"But you didn't think it was too soon to say I love you?" He questioned. "No I didn't, I still like my own space one in awhile. If I move in with you, I don't get the alone time I love. I love my apartment that is home to me." I said trying to reason with him.

"So you're going to get tired of me?" He asked and I don't know why he was starting this with me. "No I'm not going to get tired of you Christian, let's just go to bed and talk about this another time okay?" I asked looking back at him.

"Fine, let's go babe." He said holding out his hand to me and I took it. I looked up at him. "I love you Christian, never forget that."