In Her Hands

Prologue

Chicago was never the plan and success was definitely not in any of my dreams, but hey, who’s complaining. Picking up the last of my things of the porch, I stepped into my house for the very first time. The designers really did a good job. Walking down the hall way leading into the house, I entered the opening leading into the living room. Dropping my stuff near the entrance, I allowed myself to explore my surrounding. The living room had a nice theme to it—with chocolate brown furniture mixed with black curtain contrasted well with the beige color of the walls.

            As I turned around I realized there was a dining room behind me; to its left was an opening leading to the kitchen. The space was beautiful to the eye; the openness of the room, the openness whole house, made the house not only beautiful but also freeing. It was a sanctuary. After fully exploring the house, being satisfied with it, I decided that to take a shower to wash away the stress of moving. I made my way to the master bedroom, walking into the bathroom, I turned on the shower. Satisfied with the temperature, I undressed and enter the shower. The water on my skin cured the stress that I hadn’t realized that I had. While enjoying my shower, the doorbell rings. 

“Who the hell could that be?” It was just my first day in my new house. You would think I would have peace and quiet, but my unexpected visitor had other plans for my day. Turning off the shower, I rushed out of the bathroom and into my room. I found a pair of sweatpants and put them on and started to look for a shirt to wear. All the while the doorbell was ringing continuously.

“Damn it! I’m coming”, I said quiet annoyed. Stumbling down the stairs while trying to put my shirt on, I finally made it to the door then yanked it open, about to my unexpected visitor a piece of my mind, but I was stopped in my tracks. I didn’t expect to see that face at my door.

“Jodi?” I whispered in astonishment.

“Hi….Rouvin”, she replied in a quiet voice. What was she doing here? I couldn’t fathom why she would be here and in all my confusion, I realized that I had just missed what she had said.

“What was that?” I asked a bit confused

“I said, aren’t you going to let me in?” she said with a smile of apparent amusement.

“Oh.......yeah”, I moved aside allowing for her to enter. The entire time behind her, I was asking myself question. Questions about why she was here. 

“Nice place you’ve got here.” She complimented me while taking a sit on the couch.

“Thanks” I replied monotonically. I stood next to the entrance of the living room, leaning onto the wall. We stared at each other for what seemed like an eternity, neither one of us ready to speak.

“So you’re not going to say anything?” she spoke, breaking the silence that engulfed us. My response was to continue staring at her. I didn’t know what to say. What did she expect me to say?

“I guess you’re not”, she whispered to herself. I don’t think that she had intended for me to hear her.

“Fine, I’ll get to the point. You always like that about me” she said with a sad smile. “Why did you leave?” she asked. I didn’t respond; I had a loss of words.

“Answer me Rouvin. Why? You just up and left with no trace. No contact, no explanation, just poof. Gone. Do you know what I had to do to find you? You just left; did you really think that there wouldn’t be any consequences? Do you know how you left me? You left me heartbroken and…and”, she stopped herself and looked at me with teary eyes, having a hard time finishing her though.

 I stood there and watched her with no expression on my face. She slowly she got up and walked up to me and put her hands around my waist, laying her head on my chest. Instinctively, I hugged her back and laid my chin on her head.

“I missed you so much”, she whispered to me. “You have no idea how much”

We just stayed there, hugging each other, lost in the time that the silence offered. Feeling that she had finally calmed down, I pulled her away from me and kept my hand on her shoulder.

“Are you ok?” I asked.

“Oh, so you can talk”, she said sarcastically. She smiled up at me but it didn't reach her eyes. “Can I stay over?”

“Yeah, that fine.” I answered.

“Thanks”, she said and stretched on her tiptoe and kissed me. She looked up at me and smiled, this time it did reach her eye and then she kissed me again. “I’m glad to see you, I really am” she said and went for another kiss. At that moment, all I knew was that I wasn’t so glad to see her here.

A/N:

Hi guys, this is my very first story on wattpad. Tell me what you think and any constructive critism will be great because to be able to make the story good, I'm going to need your help. Thanks a bunch and hope  you enjoyed it.

~Passionate_julia