Suga (BTS~) Part VIII

There they stood, facing each other. Blanked out faces but eyes full of emotions. Overwhelming emotions evident in Yoon Gi's eyes, fear even. He could get a whiff of the food from inside the bag, he knew he had ruined their dinner date. "We need to talk." Namjoon can be heard saying because Yoon Gi is too busy looking at the food package now, too afraid to meet the former's eyes.

Namjoon walks towards Hae In's apartment door, Yoon Gi following close suit. With just one knock the door flies open revealing Hae In with disoriented look ready to pounce on an intruder. "Oh", she exclaims. Namjoon  stands aside to disclose the hiding fool, out of his wits. She visibly grows tensed, "Joonie..." "Let's talk inside." Namjoon cuts her off.

They all walk inside, everyone keeping distance from each other. "Why did you come back?" She turns to Yoon Gi who is still standing  near the front door. "I invited him back." Namjoon announces. "Hae In, I wasn't going to interfere between you two again, so I was going to leave quietly but then.." Yoon Gi looks up before continuing but stops when he looks at Namjoon.

"Hey, I am at my wit's end with this commotion. I am trying to figure out what is happening but it is just confusing me even more. Do you really like Hae In? From the bottom of your heart, can you swear that she truely is the love of your life? Because until you are sure of it and ready to commit I won't back off." Namjoon declares which causes the others to glance at him.

"Joonie?" Hae In walks towards him. "Wait." Namjoon gestures her to stop. " We need to sort this out before it gets too compliacted. "Don't I get any say in this? I don't want you to make a decision for us alone." She chortles visibly hurt. Namjoon shakes his head in denial, "I know you would do the right thing, but maybe not the honest thing for yourself. We are not kids, I am aware of the circumstances and I am willing to do the apt thing here only if you both are honest with me."

"I do like her. Since middle school." Yoon Gi confesses. Hae In whips her head towards him completely confused with her jaw left hanging. "I know I should have just been honest when you confessed during high school but I was afraid if this was going to ruin us and our friendship. I knew I had hurt you but to the extent that I might loose my friend? I had not anticipated such a drastic change in the life. And when I saw you again, the feelings came rushing back but you were so happy. I didn't want to ruin it again for you, you deserve to be happy and I didn't want it to be me to do such an irrational thing. But we kept meeting and the feelings that I was trying so hard to conceal overtook my rationality and ended up doing obvious harm to you, Namjoon and Mary." He acknowledges the hidden feelings he had till now, somewhat relieved but more afraid.

"Namjoon is a great guy and you deserve the best. But I am not that guy for you. I am so sorry. I will leave you guys alone from now. I am sorry to cause all damage and please live happily." Yoon Gi expresses and leaves.

1 year later-
While randomly wandering around the riverside watching families and couples enjoying the dusky atmosphere, her eyes landed on a familiar figure at a close distance. Stopping at her tracks abruptly she did not take her eyes off of him. Continuing to stare at him she hoped to go unnoticed but their eyes met. In a flash the guy approached her trying to search for unquestioned answers.

She shakes her head affirming a no. "What happened?" Yoon Gi finally asked. "You left and nothing was same as before. Joonie.. Namjoon broke up that very day because he didn't want to be in the way. I was left alone again without having any say in the matter."

Yoon Gi looks at her full of empathy, "So you are single." He gleefully exclaims. She is left standing there in awe of the speed of him professing his love. She nods her head yes and nothing was same ever again.

Both finally together, without any third party involved, "It took us almost a decade to come together you know." Yoon Gi speaks first while embracing her. They pull apart and seal the deal with a sweet kiss. "Finally." She states as they keep holding on to each other.