Chapter 18: 'The Dark Death' Forest

He moved forward, his steps were slowly reaching the forest. Brandon reached the forest, everything there was dark, winds were blowing, clouds were black and no sight of light was seen there.
Not even a single creature was there.
Silence was welcoming him step by step.
People say that no one can survive here, till now Brandon thought that surviving here can be a bit easier.

There must be a reason why people can't survive there, and the reason was wild creatures.
It was dark so it can't be seen but by every step of Brandon someone was behind him, someone was following him step by step.

When Brandon turned back, no one was seen except for two yellow bright eyes. He looked into the eyes and realized that is not going to be easy, and a wild paw suddenly just moved above his head. At the correct time he moved his head down and that wild creature just missed him. His eyes were yellow and were shining sharp, his paws had long pointed nails and moreover he had a face which was a mixture of a beast and an animal. When he attacked, Brandon tried to control him with his magic but it wasn't working on him. He tried more powerful spells on him but the magic was just touching it and then it was disappeared. Till now he wasn't able to manage with one and the other came from his back.
Now it became a tougher task .
"I don't know what to do now, one in front and the other coming from back, harder but these things can't scare me. I know I can do, there must be something which can calm them down, if here is dark then...well right now I need to run they are coming closer." thought Brandon
He ran from the middle of them and gave them a sudden push. Sooner those two weren't behind him but the place where he reached was scarier. Hard to say what is going to happen.

There were trees fallen on his path, when he went by walking on the trees, he saw a man. He had wrinkles on his face and his hands had some cuts and the blood coming out was sticky like a gum, he was strange.
"In places like these, I know he must be a person who must be trying to act innocent and will later attack me, I better go from here" thought Brandon

Brandon tried to avoid that person and moved forward. To his surprise that man didn't even looked at him avoiding this he felt lost there. He couldn't even find a way to move. At certain moment there was no way to move except for moving back. In front there were long trees and when he tried to cross them there was even more tall dark and even branchier. It was like, as more as you go deeper the more you get trapped in and the only way to escape was to go back, no way to move forward.
"There must be some way to move ahead or this could be a sort of maze but if I moved back, I'll be moving backwards means that is the way to get out, according to me this is just to make me fool. If this is to make me fool then there must be a way which is hidden" thought Brandon

Suddenly a voice came from back "you just need to think more". The voice was heavy and slow.
When Brandon looked back, it was that same man whom he saw before.

As he turned back, from his front , 3-4 same wild creatures started coming.
Those creatures came, that wasn't a shock to Brandon instead the shock to him was that from where did they came, if not from the trees, not within the trees then from where.
"I guess now I know, there must be a way and there is a way" thought Brandon
At that time the those creatures were growling loudly.

To know what will happen next...keep reading