Jeff Atkins

"Star Wars, huh?" I quirked an eyebrow as I leaned against the glass counter

"Uh. . .yeah." Jeff laughed, I sighed as I looked at the girl on his arm. I was too much of a coward to ask him out.

"I'm going to head to the ladies room." She said and walked off. A laugh escaped my lips from surprise.

"The ladies room?" I asked.

"She's. . .sweet." He scratched the back of his neck.

"You know. . .I can be sweet." I smirked as I buttered the popcorn he ordered.

"Oh trust me, I know how sweet you can be." He grinned before licking his lips.

"I can't believe I missed my chance with Jeffrey Atkins." I sighed sadly and handed him his popcorn. I poured his soda.

"Wanna hear a secret?" He leaned in and whispered. I nodded and bit my lip while leaning in too. "She's my cousin."

"Kind of a low blow for Jeffrey Atkins, don't you think? You're dating your cousin. . .?" I quirked an eyebrow again.

"I'm not dating her." He threw his head back in laughter. "I wanted to show her around the town, and I wanted her to meet the girl of my dreams."

"Clay?" I laughed with him.

"You." He smiled and took my hand. "Will you watch a movie with me?"

"Are you asking me out on a date?"

"Yes."

"But didn't you just watch a movie?"

"Believe it or not, this loser spent the entire movie in the men's room trying to figure out how he's going to ask you out." His cousin patted his shoulder with a smile. "But he picked a good one, you're perfect for him." I let out a small laugh.

"You worried that much for me?"

"Yes." He blushed.

"I would love to watch a movie with you, but get your cousin home safe first." I smiled.

"I can walk, go have fun." She smiled back. "My name is Lena, by the way." She walked off and I escaped my counter border and walked with Jeff into a movie.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Giving me a second chance."

"You didn't need a second chance, you've never missed the first one."