Jeff Atkins

"You want me to ask the sweetest and cutest girl in school, your words not mine, for her number because you, Jeffrey Atkins, are too much of a scaredy cat?" Clay raised an eyebrow at his friend's request

"Dude, have you seen her? You know I don't get nervous around girls, but damn. . .I can't seem to form words in front of her." He sighed.

"No."

"No? What do you mean, no?" Jeff asked.

"I mean, you are going to have to talk to this girl one way or another and I won't get her number because you're going to get her number. Look, I've known her since we were in diapers, she's extremely sweet and funny. You'll thank me later- Hey (Y/N)!" Clay shouted in a whisper.

The cute girl turned her head from her friends and saw Clay Jensen and the most perfect boy in school. . .Jeffrey Atkins.

"Yes?" She asked in a quiet voice. Clay gestured for her to come over and so she sat down with them while her friends watched from afar. "What's up?"

"Jeff is having some issues in geometry and I couldn't seem to understand it either. . .and I really need to go to my next class, do you mind taking over? I know you're really smart." Clay spoke as he stood up and smirked at a flustered Jeff, he looked like a deer in the headlights. "See you at home." He kissed her head in a brotherly manner and left.

"At home?" Jeff asked.

"He didn't tell you?" She laughed quietly. "My parents passed away when I was younger and his folks took me in."

"I'm so sorry." He whispered.

"It's alright, what problems do you need help with?" She leaned closer to him to get a better look at the text book, his breath hitched in his throat and he hoped she couldn't hear. "This isn't Geometry. . .?" She giggled and sat back. "Clay, you sneaky rat." She laughed some more and soon calmed down.

"About that. . ." Jeff chuckled.

"Why did Clay really call me over here, Jeffrey?" His heart fluttered and his stomach filled with butterflies at the sound of her voice calling him by his full name.

"I've liked you for a really long time and I know I haven't had the guts to talk to you until now, but I'd like to take you out on a date and hopefully more dates after that, please?" He rambled as she smiled sweetly at him.

"I'd love to go on a date, Jeffrey Atkins. . ."