Paul Lahote

"Why do I have to greet them? I told you I wanted to stay out of all this vampire-wolfy crap

"Why do I have to greet them? I told you I wanted to stay out of all this vampire-wolfy crap." I glared at Alice. "I'm a witch, not a monster."

"Just communicate with them. . .It won't be that bad. You'll like them, I've seen it." She winked and whispered the last line. I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever, tell your family to back off until they agree with the deal. I don't need my head chewed off by a dog." I glared and walked into the woods. I walked far enough and waited. "Lets go, Pups, I haven't got all day! Oh, wow. . ." Large wolves prowled towards me, their leader being a wolf with dark black fur and red eyes. "You guys are gorgeous."

A brownish wolf walked up to me and nudged it's head into my stomach. He. . .purred? He circled me until he sat in front of me and waited for me to pet his head. I looked at the others who tilted their own heads in surprise. The wolf nudged his head into my neck and I let out a laugh. I began to scratch his hear and his leg started slapping the ground. I smiled and stopped my actions. I admired his eyes and ran my fingers along his face. It stared right back at me.

"You're cute." I smiled and he licked my face. I giggled and backed up. "Right, so on with the meeting. I'm just a mutual friend so please don't eat me. The vampires want to strike a deal and team up against the vampire council, sorry I can't remember those dick head's and what they call themselves. But they want to fight them with you guys." I talked to the black wolf and the brown wolf nudged his head into my stomach as I awaited an answer.

"What do you say?" I asked, and I got a nod after a couple of seconds. "Alright. Well I'll let them know even though they're probably listening, and I'll discuss the details tonight at your bonfire thingy." I began to walk off before the brown wolf began to whimper and follow me. "What is your deal, Boy?" I scratched his ear before heading back to the house.

. . .

"Paul has the hots for the sexy witch lady." Embry smirked and nudged Quil. Quil cat called and Jared howled jokingly. Paul rolled his eyes, but he wasn't sure as to why he acted like a puppy in heat. "Are you going to tell her?"

"I kind of have to. . ." I muttered with embarrassment. "Ugh, the feeling she gave me was. . ."

"Orgasmic?" Embry joked and Paul grabbed him in a head lock. They fought playfully until he saw her. . .

. . .

"Hey. . ." A boy said as he walked up to me. "I need to explain my previous actions." I was confused for a second before I realized. . .

"Wolf boy!" I exclaimed. "You're cute." I smiled.

"Thanks. . .so about the whole petting thing, I kind of imprinted on you." He said nervously.

"Is that like going into heat or something?" I asked as I served myself some food.

"Sort of. . .It's like your soulmate." He explained.

"Ohh. . .well I suppose if I'm your soulmate, then we have to get to know each other. . .say about. . .Friday night?"

"I'd love that."

"I have an imprint and I had no clue. . .You're cute though, so I obviously hit jackpot."

"Yes you did."