Barry Allen

"We're engaged

"We're engaged."

Those words made me want to throw up. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Actually, i could believe it because it was my worst nightmare coming true.

"Barry proposed at dinner."

I felt numb, all I could do was painfully smile at the diamond sitting on her finger. A diamond specially chosen for her and her only. I should've known there was no chance at all, I was so stupid.

"Isn't it beautiful?"

Her acts weren't malicious, but the diamond was obnoxiously thrown in my sight. My heart felt heavy and I wanted so badly to cry but I trained myself better than that.

"(Y/N)? You okay?" Barry snapped me from my trance.

"Huh? Yeah, of course, I'm so happy for you two. Congratulations." I smiled so much it hurt.

"I can't wait to get married." Iris gushed with giddiness and excitement. I felt Barry's stare on my small figure. He frowned my way but as soon as Iris turned to him he threw on a smile so she wouldn't ask questions.

"I'm so happy for you two."

Big mistake. My voice cracked and blew my entire cover.

"Aww, why are you crying?" Iris sweetly asked while moving closer.

"I-I'm just really happy." I laughed through my teary eyes and nodded to reassure her conscience.

Barry wanted to hold (Y/N), but he knew that if he'd ever be with her. . .she'd end up dying no matter how many times he'd try to prevent it from happening. He loved her more than anything. . .which is why he couldn't have her.