Chapter 3~Old friends

I reached the bus stop and just stood there looking at the village I had grown up in.I took in a deep breath and began to walk towards the shop.

I entered David's and saw Jacob stacking some shelves with David behind the counter. "Am the bread is better when it's on the lower shelves because at least then I can reach it"I said with a smirk.

Jacob immediately turned around and saw me.He smiled."You alright mate" he said as we bro-hugged each other.

"Good, although I'm not too chuffed that you are now a good 12inches taller then me."I laughed."I had no idea you were coming back"Jacob said."Neither did I,my mum thought it would be good for us to be with family right now."I lied.

"Why is she alright?"David asked."Yeah but Sarah's cancer is back"I said grimly."Oh mate I'm so sorry"Jacob replied."Yeah tell your mum if she needs anything we're here"David added.

"Fifa?"Jacob questioned with a smile."Oi Jacob you haven't finished stacking yet"David said."Aw Dad come on"."No,Jake I've got to get back anyway before my mum finds out I left or she'll kill me,soon though yeah?"."Definitely"He replied.

"Oh and can you keep our return under wraps just until my mum says people are allowed to know"I said."Of course"David replied "Bye boys"I said in a mocking female voice.

I walked out of the shop and put my hands in the pockets of my black bomber jacket as it was cold.

I started to walk back towards the farm but when I reached the bus stop I turned and saw Lucy stroll out of the pub on her phone.I smiled from ear to ear when I saw her.

Lucy and I used to go out before I was dragged off to France I mean I wanted to stay but I didn't have a choice but I haven't actually spoken to her since.

She looked at me and we held eye contact for about 5 seconds before I waved a small wave.She didn't wave back.She just stood and stared at me until her mum Rebecca emerged from the pub behind her.

She began to walk in the opposite direction from me but she looked back.I thought to myself 'she's angry with me but I know she still has feelings,I can feel it'.

It must have taking me about half an hour to get back to the farm as I was dwelling on the fact Lucy looked back at me so I was walking very slowly.

Eventually I reached Zak and Lisa's house.I walked inside the front door casually not realises how long it had taken me to get back.

My mum, gran, Grandad, Uncle Sam and Ross were standing there squabbling.They all turned to look at me when I closed the door. "Harry,where've you been"my mum asked angrily.I gulped