Chapter 4~The tracker

"I just went for a walk into the village but don't worry I only went to David's" I said.My mum continued glaring at me.

"Don't worry?" She questioned in awe "While you've been off gallivanting your little sister and brother have been taken by thugs"."What"I said in shock.

"They were taking by some of Hugo's cronies and they want 50 grand or I'll never see Jack and Sarah again"my mum replied sorrowfully.

She rolled her eyes "Why couldn't you for once have just done what you told".She huffed.

"There" Ross said to my mum as he handed her,her phone back "Sarah's phone tracking thingy".

"Come on" Grandad Cain said "Charity y'know what to do". "yeah let's just hope it pays off"my grandmother said holding someone's passport in her hand.My Grandad,Ross and my mum headed for the door.

I began to follow them "Your not coming"my mum said. "What why not?"I asked. "Because I said so"."Mum I'm coming"."No your not Harry"."We don't have time for this,just get in the car"My Grandad said.

We had to stop for petrol while tracking Sarah's phone.Grandad had gone to pay leaving me to listen to Ross attempting to chat up my mum.I leant my head against the window.

My mum frantically reloaded the tracking page over and over again to monitor Sarah and Jacks whereabouts.She rolled her eyes and sighed.

"It's better then running out"Ross said reassuring her.

"Yeah that would be really stupid wouldn't it" my mum said referring to her running out of petrol and having to abandon the car along with 50 grand in it.

"No,well"Ross sighed.My mum bite her phone in anticipation.

"So how've you been"Ross questioned "I mean today obviously isn't a good day"he added.My mum sighed quietly. "I've missed you sort out well not sort of I have missed ya"Ross rambled on.
I gave him the 'what are you doing man' stare and he quickly changed the subject.

"So what does this Hugo the boss do anyway,nick motors,drug dealing, human trafficking?"he said his voice getting more worried the more he thought about what Hugo does.

"Ross do you mind if we just leave it"my mum said with a slightly annoyed tone

"So Finn punched me in the face,few months ago mind but it really hurt do you know what I did"Ross said

"Punched him back obviously"my mum said.

"Worse,I told my mum on him"Ross said trying to make a joke.I stared at him.

"This is gonna end so badly"my mum said as she began biting her own hand.

"No,no come here"Ross replied as he put his arms over her and the front seat.

"No ross,ross this is really not working" my mum said as she pushed him off.

"No"Ross said to himself "but no tears eh,You've got to stay strong.You're Debbie flippin' Dingle if you can't no one can"He added motivationally

I looked at him and he looked at me this time though I gave him a smirk and a wink telling him he did well.I liked ross and still wished he was my stepdad unfortunately my mum thought he was a prat right now.

We continued our journey,

"Where"My Grandad enquired

"Just keep going"my mum told him

"There's not much round here"I said

"Stop"my mum said.

"What here?"My Grandad said pulling the handbrake.

"Yeah"my mum said as we all got out of the car.

"No"my mum said as we peered over the bridge wall which overlooked a railway line.

My mum went to a higher part of the wall "Jack,Sarah"she shouted.

"Debs,get down from there your gonna fall"my Grandad said to her.

My mum got down "They said 5 o clock it's no where near".

"So what does that tell ya?"my Grandad said.

"That they never really cared about the money,this is to teach me a lesson"she replied.

"No"he told her .

"What you don't think they can 50 grand back,this is to send out a message,they've probably thrown the kids off the bridge"she panicked.

"No they didn't"Ross said out of breath
"Sarah's phone"he said handing it to my mum.

She put it up to her ear"What are you doing"my Grandad asked.

"They've got my kids I'm ringing the police"my mum replied.He lunged for the phone "Get of it"my mum screamed "Your wanted by the police"he told her as he took the phone away.

"I don't care,they don't even know it was me"My mum said.

"No they don't know it was you but if you call em then your gonna have to tell em.You might be able to make something up but your gonna have to go down the station and its gonna waste time"My Grandad convinced her.

"So what am I supposed to do?"my mum asked him.

"I don't normally say this but we're gonna have to rely on your mum"he said

We all signed.