Chapter 6~Sarah's Secret

We reached our temporary home which was Great-Grandad Zach and Lisa's house. Sarah was still asleep so Grandad lifted her up.

I had almost forgotten about my nan in the boot until I heard her groan."I'll get her" Ross said.

He opened the boot and lifted my nan over his shoulder.I saw he was struggling so I left Jack who was sleeping in the car,grabbed her legs and put them on my shoulder.

We burst through the door and Sam asked "How did it go?"

"How do you think"my Grandad replied as he gently put Sarah on the couch."What's up with her?"Sammy said referring to my nan whom Ross and I were still carrying.

"What specifically right now or just in general"I replied as we dropped her on the floor

"Ow"she said as we all relaxed.She then looked up from the ground and glared at me and Ross."Did you just drop me on the floor?"

"No,it was him"Ross lied out of breathe pointing to my Grandad Cain.I nodded along with this accusation while catching my breathe.

My nan then looked over the couch on to my mum who was stroking Sarah's hair as she slept on the couch."Hey we did it"my nan smiled.

"You say we"Ross replied smartly.My nan looked up at him "Oh I'm sorry, what was your contribution again Ross."He looked down.

"Where's Jack"my nan asked my mum. "He's flat out in the car"my mum replied "Listen thank you,all of ye and you Sam"she added.

"Hey"my nan said holding on to her hand."You did brilliant"my mum told her."Yeah I did didn't I" she said proudly.

Ross rolled his eyes."Well apart from the whole horse tranquilliser thing"My Grandad added,my nan put her hand on her head.I smirked."Horse tranquilliser?"Sam said in confusion.

"Hang on a minute"Ross interrupted "I have a question,you withdrew 50 grand because that's what Debbie needed"he said pointing to my nan "why on earth didn't you just draw out more."

"Feel free to leave whenever you want Ross yeah,and when I say whenever you want I mean now"my nan said in annoyance as she stood up off the ground.

Ross turned to go."Ross"my Grandad said getting up off his chair and walking over to him.

He held out his hand for a handshake and Ross shook it."What's that for" Ross questioned.

"For not being as big a pain as I thought you'd be"my Grandad sighed. Ross put his hand on his heart and said "I'm gonna get that engraved on a medal"I smiled.

"Check on Jack"my mum said."Yeah I will do"Ross said staring at her for a split second before leaving.It was clear he was still madly in love with her and I preferred Ross to Pete,I feel like Ross gets me but Pete not so much and I know they are my half-uncles in a way but Ross is such a sound step-dad that I don't care.

We all looked at my mum as she was still stroking Sarah's hair."Come here" My Grandad said to her indicating he wanted a hug.She hugged him "How strong are you Eh?".

"Well we're about to find out"she replied pulling away from him.I felt my eyes starting to water I knew what she meant.

"Oh come on we should be celebrating" my nan Charity said positively "although technically speaking you are 50 grand down"she added not so positively.

"All I care about is the kids"my mum told them as she began to shed a few tears.

"Well good then"my nan told her."I needed that money"mum said even more upset.

"Just look here"my Grandad comforted her by looking at me and Sarah.

My mum looked at me and Sarah and then back at my Grandad."You said I don't need that money to survive and I don't but Sarah does"My mum said trying hard not to cry.

At this point my eyes were red and full of tears and my nan noticed it."What do you mean?"my nan asked with worry in her voice.

I sighed "She needs treatment or she's gonna die"I said blinking to try and help my continuously watering eyes.

They all stared at me and then back at my mum.

"She's got cancer" my mum revealed.