Chapter 21~Fleeing

Today was just like any normal day.I got up and went to school just as I would usually but then during double maths I was called to reception and I was told to bring my bag.

I happily left because anything was better than double maths but as I came nearer to reception I began to get nervous.What if I was in trouble? My dad would kill me.

I got to reception and I saw my mum.

"Oh hi mum"I said with confusion "Why are you here?".

"Well I'm here to collect you because I thought we could go to a theme park together before you know Sarah leaves next week"My mum explained.

"Alright"I said suspiciously.It was so unlike my mum to take me out of school especially if it was to go somewhere that wasn't the dentist.

"Right well I've signed you out so let's go"My mum said with urgency.

"Is everything ok mum?"I asked.

"Yeah course,Why wouldn't it be?"She answered.

"You just seem a bit I don't know panicky"I told her.

"Yeah that's because Ross is waiting outside with Sarah and jack and I'm just worried about us getting caught in traffic."She said.

We walked to Ross's car and I went to open the boot to put my bag in but my mum put her hand on it "No!".

"What's wrong have you got a dead body in there"I joked.

"No of course not it's just ammm Ross has ......old junk in there and your bag won't fit so just hold it"My mum stuttered.

I got into the back with Sarah and jack while my mum sat in the front with Ross who was driving.

"Well mate"He said nervously.

"Well"I said with confusion.

The car ride was dead silent the whole way so I spent most of my time on my phone not caring but I found it a bit weird how my mum and Ross weren't talking.

When the car began to slow down I heard Sarah say "This isn't the theme park".

I immediately looked out the window.We were at the airport."Mum what are we doing at the airport"I asked.

Ross quickly got out of the car and my mum unbuckled her belt."Why did you lie?"Sarah said.

"Just wait here while I get the bags"My mum ignored us as she got out of the car.

"Open the door"Sarah ordered."What?"I said still very confused.

"Just do it"She shouted.I opened the door.

"We're not going to Prague til next week, Granny is taking me"Sarah told my mum from the middle seat.

I pulled my headphones out and held my phone.I heard my mum's phone ring "it's my dad.I can't deal with him right now"She moaned ignoring the call.

She came to the door."Look,it's changed ok. They've brought it forward.The hospital rang us with a space"My mum explained.

"No I'm going with granny or you'll get in trouble that's what you said"Sarah argued.

"Yeah well,I've changed my mind"My mum told us.

"Mum don't be stupid your going to get arrested if you try to leave the country"I stated.

"Listen I just need you both to trust me"She pleaded as Ross took Jack out of his car seat and my mum went to pick up bags.

"Shut the door,quick"Sarah said.I closed it and she locked all the doors.

My mum rushed to the door and tried to open the door."Harry,Sarah!What are ye doing"She exclaimed.

"Babe open the door.Sarah!"She begged.

"I'm not going" Sarah said firmly.

"Listen.I need to be there Harry.I need to be there for her,I need to look after her and I need to hold her hand everyday.It's not going to be the same with Granny"My mum explained with panic as she kept trying the door.

I looked at Sarah and thought what if my mum was right what if Sarah did need her but I quickly stopped myself.No if she goes then she'll be arrested and then she will get locked up.

"Guys I know I lied to you and I'm sorry.Please Sarah just let me explain"My mum asked.

"Fine only if you let me speak"Sarah said unlocking the doors.

My mum flung the door open."You can't actually be going through with this"I complained.

"Please Harry.Ross will explain it to you just let me talk to Sarah"My mum grovelled.

"Fine"I said getting out of the car.My mum hopped in and shut the door.

I saw an airport police car pull up and a guy got out."You can't park there mate"He told Ross.

"Oh I'm not I'm dropping off well supposed to be but madam in there is having a meltdown because she forgot her sparkly trainers"Ross lied.

The man walked over to the car and knocked on the window "Are you moving or what young lady you're causing an obstruction".The guy warned walking back to Ross and I.

"Always a big drama.They hate going on their jollies without me.Don't ye?"Ross pretended looking at me with desperation in his eyes.

"Yeah it's well boring without dad"I said playing along."it's almost criminal"I added a sly dig which Ross shot me daggers for.

"Just give me two minutes and I'll have them trolleyed up,ok"Ross assured the man.

"Fine,two minutes"the man said as he got back in his car and drove off.

"Hold Jack"Ross said giving jack's hand to me and running to the car.I followed holding Jack's hand.

He flung the door open and said "If she's kicking off now she could blow the whole thing".

"Just give me the passport.Come on"My mum said.

I rolled my eyes.My mum took the passport from him and looked at it "Ross what the hell is this I thought you said your friend is a pro"

"He didn't have enough time I told you.Look just face it Debs this is just way too risky"Ross informed her.

"No"My mum denied.

"Oh look mum you might have balls of steel but Sarah is only a kid"I butted in with annoyance.

"We are going alright!"My mum sternly told me.

"Come on mate"Ross said shutting the door.
————————————————————————
After a few minutes my mum and Sarah emerged from the car."Let's go"My mum said dragging the one suitcase that wasn't on the trolley towards the airport.

"What are you kidding me?"I groaned.

"Harry don't we are going and that's that"My mum confirmed.

"But-"I started.

"Harry I'm serious"My mum warned me.

Just then my phone vibrated in my pocket I purposely walked behind the others so they didn't see.

It was my grandad Cain.I answered and put the phone back in my pocket.

"Atleast tell me what terminal we're going to" I said trying to give my grandad the information as I knew he was probably on his way.

"Terminal 2"My mum said.

I ended the phone call.'Come on Grandad.I really need you'I thought
————————————————————————