Chapter 8~Dad

Harry's POV
I awoke lying on the couch with my mum's arm around me.

I didn't want to wake her so I gently moved her arm off and I sat up onto the edge of the couch so as not to disturb her.

I looked around the sitting room/kitchen as I stretched.There was no one else in.

I picked my phone up of the table and checked the time it was 11:30."Not too bad" I thought to myself.I then looked at my lock screen which was an old picture of me and Lucy.I smiled.

"Morning"I heard someone softly say  behind me.I looked at my mom who was already dressed she must have just taken a nap behind me on the couch.

She sat beside me on the couch."Im sorry"she said.I raised an eyebrow in confusion."For having a go at you yesterday it's probably better that you didn't stay in the house otherwise they would've taken you as well" she told me.

"Yeah well I'm sorry for disobeying you after about 5 minutes of actually being here.You don't need me playing up on top of Sarah's illness"I said apologetically.

"Well you better get dressed,I'll make you some breakfast"my mum said standing up.

"No actually I'll just get dressed and go if that's alright I need to do things you know find my dad and my gran."I told her.

"If your sure, just be back by 1 at the latest because I've got an consultation with our GP about Sarah and text me so I know your alright" She warned me.

"Yeah I will do"I said as I went upstairs into the room my mum,Sarah and Jack were sleeping in.

I picked up the carrier bag that had a few of our clothes and belongings in it. I took out out a pair of boxer,socks, grey jeans,a wine v-neck and got dressed.

I looked at myself in the mirror and fixed my hair.I slipped on my adidas black high top shoes.On my way downstairs I sprayed some Lynx on my body.

"See you later"I said as I put on my black bomber jacket and left.I walked over to butler's farm which was fairly near Zak and Lisa's house.

I walked into the kitchen and said "Hello,anyone home".

Suddenly Moira,my gran,appeared from the living room."Hey Harry,your back"she said ecstatically."When did you get back,How are you,oh it doesn't matter come here."she added pulling me into a hug.

"I'm glad to see you"I told her."Good cause I've missed you have you seen your dad yet he'll be over the moon" she replied.

"No,i thought he might be here but I'll go into the village and see if he's at home"I said.

"Yeah ok you go,I'll see you later on then"she told me.

"Yeah definitely,"I said opening the door to go."Oh and gran" I said sadly.She stared at me with concern."Im sorry I wasn't here for Holly's funeral,I know I should've been and I know I failed her but-".

"It's fine" Moira interrupted me "She wouldn't have wanted you to have come the whole way back for her and you could never fail her she thought the world of you Harry you know that"

I looked down "I better go" I said and then I ran out the door and just ran until I reached the village.

I turned a corner still running and banged into someone.I knocked they're paperwork on the ground and went down to pick some up for them.

"Sorry mate "I apologised "I wasn't watching where I was going".I finished picking up the paperwork and handed it to them suddenly realising who it was.

"Dad"I said smiling."Harry I didn't know you were back"he said as pulled me into a hug.

"Yeah well it was a sudden thing" I told him.

"Well I don't care about all that as long as your back and ok.how are you?"he asked me

"Grand but you've changed.I mean since when do you do paperwork"I asked him.

"Since Aron wanted a house for him and Robert"he laughed with that loud laugh of his."I missed you"he added "You missed me as well didn't you?"he smirked.

"Nah,not really"I mocked."You cheeky lad" he laughed as he playfully hit me over the head with his paperwork.

"So are you on your break or.."I questioned him.

"Nope in fact I should have been back 10 minutes ago but I'll catch you later" he said racing off.

"If your lucky"I replied as I started to walk towards David's.

Harry's dad is Adam Barton incase you didn't realise