Big Mistake Part 24

You were snuggled fast asleep in Justin's arms, but not for long. 10 minutes later, Anna and Zack came barging in making both you and Justin wake up. They were frantic and Zack was already picking you up.
"You've got to go!" Anna said as Zack carried you out. Anna folded up your walker.
"Wait, no, what, PUT ME DOWN!" you said. "I WANT TO STAY WITH JUSTIN, PUT ME DOWN!"
Zack continued to carry you out and Anna followed. You saw Justin as you were carried away just looking at you and confused. Zack quickly laid you down in your room on your bed and Anna set your walker down.
"What's going on!?" you said angry.
"Saving your ass, that's what," Anna said. "We overheard doctors talking. They were going to send people to check on you and Justin. So we were-"
Anna was cut off to the sound of the door opening. Everyone looked back to see 2 doctors come in. They sent Anna and Zack out and said they could come back in about 15 minutes.
The doctors checked your eyes and cleaned the little blood left on your face off. They then scanned your stomach and checked inside of that area down there. Then the male doctor left and the female doctor stayed to talk to you. She pulled out a stool and sat next to your bedside. She adjusted your bed so you were sitting up.
"So," she said. "Your eyes should be back to normal in about 2 hours or so, more or less. We are going to give you eyedrops because your eyes most definitely will be sore. Your eyes will still hurt a bit even after your eyesight is back to normal, so try not to rub your eyes. So that addresses that. Now for your kids...."
You became more alert.
"The baby previously injured... well, they're doing worse." Hearing that, you looked up at the ceiling and said nothing.
"It is a very, very high chance they will die even before born. When you took a fall and a punch, that baby was affected the most. And even if they do live... they may not live for long." You continued to stare at the ceiling. She looked at you and went on.
"And for your vagina....um, we checked. It doesn't look like anything is wrong or that Jason gave you anything." You continued to stare.
"What about my other baby?" you asked. You finally turned your head to look at her.
"Oh, well, they can breathe fine now. They are healthy. They were only hurt a bit during both incidents..."
You held back the tears.
"And your husband Justin..."
"We aren't married yet," you said.
"Oh," she replied softly.
You couldn't help but think Justin was about to ask you that night at the beach before Jason came along...
"Well, Justin, he is struggling to breathe but we are sure he will be fine. And his eyesight will adjust just like I said for yours. Swelling will go down in about the same time, maybe a bit longer. He has a fractured nose. His lungs seem clear, but we want to hold both of you in the hospital for about a day or two more."
You looked at her for a moment. "Can I stay with Justin?" She nodded. "We can put you in his room. He is in a bigger one." She left for a moment and had 2 more doctors come in who rolled you out in your bed and took you to Justin's room. One doctor went back for your walker. They rolled you up next to Justin.
"Closer," you said. They got you closer. "Closer," you said again, and then they made the beds touch and locked them in so the beds wouldn't roll away or apart and left you two alone saying they would come back to check on the both of you. They closed the curtains to your room so no one passing by could see you two.
You ask Justin if they also talked to him and he said yes and that he knows you two have to stay. You told him about your kids and he looked very upset so you inched closer and held him. You told him about Anna and Zack. Soon, they walked in and they talked to you guys and greeted Justin. You said they could go and Anna said she'd be back to visit. Then they left.
You soon reached over to the desk phone to call into work.
"Hi, this is *Y.N.*."
"*Y.N.*!!! Where the hell are you?" your boss yelled.
"I'm in the hos-"
"Save it! I don't care."
"But you just asked me where I was and-"
"DON'T GET SMART WITH ME!"
"I'm not. I was just trying to tell you that I'm in the hospital."
"Liar."
"What!?" you said.
"LIAR. YOU ARE LYING AND YOU HAVE BEEN MISSING WORK. YOU ARE FIRED!"
Your boss hung up on you and you put the phone back and cried and told Justin you lost your job. Justin held you.
"I'm sorry baby. We will figure something out, I promise," he said. Then he held your face in his hands. "Look at me," he said softly. You looked at him. Then he kissed your forehead and held you against him. You were sick of feeling hurt and of crying and you started to feel sick of life.