7. The Party

Hey guys!

How you doing?I am fine thank you.

I wanted to thank all the people adding 'Hello Neighbor' to their reading lists.I'm not sure if you plan on reading it now or waiting for it to be complete but it makes me really happy when I get the notification that someone added my story to their library. So Thank you. Hope you enjoy the book when you read it.

And I wanted to let you know guys that I won't be updating this frequently after next week so I'll try and write as much as I can write in this week.It's my birthday week and I'm so excited!!! I love birthdays.

Now off to the story. Happy reading. :)

The 'party' was nothing like the typical college party. As soon as we entered the house we heard music. But not loud enough to break my ear drums like the last party I went to did. I had headache for a week. There was a door on the right side which led into a small coat room which was more or less like a closet. We took off our coats and hung them up.Mon was looking weirdly at me and doing some wild gestures.I looked around to see what she was saying and noticed what Jace was wearing for the first time. He was wearing a black jeans and maroon and black flannel shirt. And he rocked it. Now Mon was making exaggerated eye moments and gesturing to our clothes. I rolled my eyes at her when I understood what she was trying to say. Me and Jace were matching. I gave her a flat look and before she got the chance to tease Jace spoke. "Shall we go then?"He looked at our nervous faces.

"Yea.Sure."I walked not wanting to look like an idiot in front of Jace. We walked into the living room and saw bunch of people sitting in groups and talking about random stuff. Most of them held bottles of beer and had a box of pizza in front of them. I looked around the room trying to find any familiar faces.

My breath caught in my throat when I saw the person sitting in a corner with a beer in his hand and he was chatting to someone with a lazy smile.I tried to look away before he saw me but I couldn't move my gaze away from him. I heard Mon saying something to Jace about the house but I couldn't join the conversation. Monica noticed that I wasn't responding and turned to see what I was staring at so intently and followed my gaze to him. I felt her stiffen beside me.

"What is he doing here?" It was Monica who asked the question. Just then he raised his head as if he heard us and looked straight at me. He looked like he was going to come over to talk and that broke my trance. Jace looked at me and Mon concernedly. "Is everything ok?" He asked Mon but I answered this time. "Yea. Every thing is all right." I turned away from his view and turned at Jace and gave him a small smile. He didn't look convinced and looked at Mon for support.She looked like she was still waiting for the answer for her previous question.

Jace seemed to understand and spoke hesitantly. "You mean Caleb? He's friends with Matts elder brother and they hang out here a lot.So Matt must've invited them. I guess you might know him from college.He goes to your Uni." Jace informed us as if we didn't know. We knew him alright.

"Is there a problem?" He asked when neither of us responded. I shook my head subtly at Mon and answered"Yea . We've seen him around on campus before." Jace didn't look convinced at my nonchalance but he didn't ask any further.

"So where's Matt?" I asked trying to change the topic.Mon was still staring daggers at the jerk and that seemed to have kept him away from coming over. Jace led us to the kitchen where Matt was getting ice from the freezer.

"Hey Matt." I greeted him in a cheerful voice. Matt looked at us and smiled widely and I noticed his eyes considerably brightened when he saw Mon.He set the ice cubes aside and walked over to us. He shook Jaces hand and slapped each other on their backs.(Guys are so violent.) He then stopped in front of us. "Hey Eva. Hey Monica.What took you guys so long?" He asked cheerfully.