19. The Crazy Chloe

Hey guys.

How's it going? I hope everyone's doing fine. So the other day I got a crazy idea to make a trailer for my book. But turns out it isn't as easy as it sounds. I browsed for about an hour and collected some cool stuff to make but somehow I couldn't incorporate it into a video as I've imagined. So I've decided to try again on the weekend since I don't really have much free time on week days.Anyways sorry for the long  A/N, just wanted to let you guys know.

Hope you enjoy the chapter. Happy reading.

Okay so have you ever had a moment when the food was so good that you had a moment of brain freeze and everything happens in slow motion.  It happened to me right now. The pasta was so delicious there are no words that can explain the bliss I've had while eating it. Turns out when Jace said he can manage cooking he meant he's a freaking Master Chef. I'm actually sad that he hasn't invited me way earlier to dinner. I've been missing out. Now I get why Matt comes over almost every day.

I've been here for about two hours now and shockingly enough we were having a pretty good time. Jace can be pretty fun when he wants to be and I've learnt he's a really great singer and a guitar player. There's something hot about singers right? Not that I think Jace is hot. He's okay. Whatever.

We were just laughing about something when there was a loud knock on the door. Jace looked almost alarmed and I stared at hi with curiosity. He hesitated a second before getting up and walking to the door.I followed suit to put on my jacket since it was getting late and I didn't want to intrude on his time especially seeing as he has a guest over.

I was reaching for my shoes when Jace looked through his peephole and his expression changed into a slightly panicked one. He looked at me and in a zap held my arm and dragged me to his closet. I gave him a look as if asking 'Are you crazy?!'

He just gave a desperate look and whispered in a very low voice. "Please just get in." I could hardly hear about because of the loud knocking. More like banging. Somebody's impatient.

"What? No!I can't hide in the closet. I'll just leave. Tell whoever that is that I'm your neighbor. I'm sure they'll understand." I don't really know why I was whispering.

"You don't get it. I'm the one that has to hide. I just want to save you the awkward conversation about what you were doing at my place without me." He looks more desperate by second.

"But if you plan on hiding just don't open the door. She'll go away." I told him as it was the obvious thing to do.

"She has keys. To MY apartment. Can we please continue the conversation inside the closet?" He didn't wait for an answer and literally stuffed me into the closet and pushed in after e. There was barely any space to breath with the two of us inside the tiny closet.

"Why the hell is she knocking if she has keys? And why would you even give her your keys if you don't want her to come over?"I whispered frantically.

" This is her being polite and I did not give the keys to her. She stole it. From Matt. That idiot." He looked very angry. I don't know if it is directed at the person knocking or Matt.

"Who is it anyway?" I was curious now. I mean who would go as far as stealing the key to get into someone's apartment. What ever happened to good old calling these days?

"It's Chloe." He blew out an exasperated sigh.

"Chloe? As in the girl from the party? Aren't you like, well friends?" I asked awkwardly. I still vividly remember them kissing in the elevator not too long ago but just today he said he doesn't have a girlfriend.I have no idea about the nature of their relationship but I've seen her go in and out of his place a couple of times. She never really seemed to stay long.