16. The Sleepover

Hey guys!

I am back again with an early update this time. I've got exams next week so I wanted to compensate it beforehand. And who knows if I find time, I might write again in the next week but no promises. So wish me luck.

I wanted to ask you guys about the cover. I know its not really professional looking but I'm really bad at making covers. If any of you can suggest who I can ask for help about making covers, please let me know.

Now moving on to the story. Hope you like it.

Happy reading. :)

  Today was the day of the sleep at school. Or should I say night. It starts at 8 p.m today and ends at 10 a.m next morning. We were all pretty excited and I was really thankful I am done with the flu. Its not pretty puking your guts out at a sleepover. Neither is blowing your nose into a tissue all night.

  The best thing about the sleepover is you don't need to dress up.You can go in your pajamas and nobody cares. I decided to ride with Aaron and the guys since I didn't want to walk around the town in my sweats at night.Mon said she'll meet me at the entrance.

  I packed an over night bag with stuff like my toiletries,an extra shirt for just in case,hersheys kisses, pringles and a first aid kit. I was done packing and started picking out my outfit. I chose a light seagreen tank with pink written on it and matching sweats. I tied my hair up into a strategically messy bun and wore some fuzzy slippers.(Please check the outfit at the beginning of the chapter) Its all about comfort really. I don't think anyone is going to show up in heels.

  It was 7.40 in the evening and Aaron would be here anytime. I rechecked the flier which had all the info about tonight's event. They mentioned that every student should obligatorily bring a pillow, comforter, a form filled with details about an emergency contact and your personal student ID card.Every year I've seen the authorities not allowing students inside because they don't have their ID cards. Don't blame them though. Most of those kids don't even go to my college.

  I was all set when my phone rang.  I picked it up only to pull away the phone from ear because of the loud music coming from the other end. These guys really need to stop listening to music at such high volumes. Its only a matter of time before they go deaf.

"Be down in a minute." I could hardly make out Aaron's voice screaming into the phone.

"Okay. I'll be there." I cut the phone since I'm sure he didn't hear me anyway.

  I put on my jacket and slung the over night bag on my shoulder. I stuffed my phone into my pocket and picked up the pillow and comforter in both hands. I unlocked the door with greatest difficulty and got into the hallway only to see my neighbor standing there with an amused look.

  "Need some help?" He asked holding in a laugh at my struggle to lock the door.

  "I'm done actually." I replied proudly and stuffed the key in my pocket. I'll have to move it to the bag later in the car. Don't want to lose it now.Do we?

  "Have fun camper." He smirked at me and unlocked his door.

  "Good night Jace." I rolled my eyes at his back and lugged the stuff downstairs. I don't understand Jace at all. One day he's all teasy and smirky and the next day he acts like I'm a stranger. Sometimes I get a feeling he likes me but then he goes around kissing Chloe. Okay I know he wasn't the one who kissed her but he didn't stop her either and then they were gone. For a really long time. I shrugged to myself. What does it even matter to me. Its not like I like him or anything.

  By the time I got down Aaron had his windows rolled down and I could hear the music loud and clear all the way from the lobby. I got into the back seat and dumped all my stuff on Josh who was sitting beside me and leaned forward to decrease the volume. I held my hand up before none of them could protest.