21. The green monster

Hey guys.

How's it going? The weekend is finally here and I can't tell you how happy I am.It's been a long week with exams,assignments and other dramas. Can you believe it's december already? There's snow everywhere and it's getting harder and harder for me to get to classes. I'm just waiting for the winter break to come around but I'm so not looking forward to all the exams I've got to finish before the vacation. Sigh. Life goes on I guess.

Sorry for the long rant. I tend to get over talkative during the holiday season(yea the whole december and january are christmas months for me.)Anyways off to the story. Hope you like and enjoy the chapter.

Happy reading.:)

Beep beep bee. I turned off the stupid alarm clock and it fell of my night stand with a bang. I grunted unattractively and tossed and turned around a five more minutes before taking my phone from under my pillow. The brightness of my screen made me squint my eyes and it took me a few seconds to adjust to the light.I don't understand how the screen looks so bright even at the lowest setting. Is it just me or does this happen with other people too? Anyways after scrolling through numerous notifications ranging from my zumba group to my mother asking me if I've had breakfast yet. It's literally 6 in the morning and she's worried if I've eaten yet. One particular message made my lips stretch into a tiny smile.

"Good morning sunshine." It was from Jace. Yes. You heard me right. It is indeed from my brooding neighbor who couldn't be bothered with a head nod before. But since the past two weeks we've been texting occasionally. Okay may be a bit more frequently than occasionally.

Mon is really happy about it though. She practically glows whenever I get a text from him.You'd think it was her crush texting her. Speaking about crushes Mon and Matt seemed to be going strong. They've went on a couple more dates and they hang around at our place a lot more than before.By our I mean Mon at mine and Matt at Jace's though they end up in my living room most of the time.

I replied him back with a good morning and a smiley face and texted my mom before getting up to brush my teeth. Classes before 9 in the morning should be banned by the government. I mean how do they expect us to get ready and go t class by 7.50 on a cold winter morning. This is basically slavery. Without the work and money part.

I was blasting my music and brushing my hair when a knock sounded loudly on my door.I know who it is before I look through the hole. Jace has been dropping me off at campus for the past three days since Aaron was 'too sick to go to classes.' I've visited him yesterday evening and he was fine playing counter strike with his buddies. He's just trying to make out the best of his situation as he's excused from classes for 5 days. That is so unfair.

Jace knocked once again before I could put away my brush and open the door. I rolled my eyes at his impatience and twisted the key three times before pulling open the door. Jace was dressed in his usual black jeans and brown leather jacket and was tapping his foot at a fast pace. I gave him a bright smile and he nodded his head back. I guess some things never change.

"Need a lift?" He asked with a small smile.

"Yes please."I gave him another blinding smile.Just the thought of walking for 15 minutes in this cold was enough to bring me shivers.

"Let's get going then.We can grab Starbucks n the way." He offered like the past three days.

"Yea.Just let me grab my coat." I speed walked inside before he could answer and picked up the warmest coat I could find and ran back. He was waiting by the elevator. I locked my door and joined him.

With in five minutes we were on the crammed winter roads with the heat blasting in the car. We both reached for the knob to increase the heat at the same time and our fingers brushed and he withdrew his hand in a snap. "Are you a vampire? Your hands are freezing." He looked at me incredulously. I'm used to these looks. I get it from everyone I shake my hands or touch them accidentally. My hands and legs just don't warm up.