22.The brooding.

Hello chipmunks!

How's it going? I am not fine , thank you.

Happy reading. :)

This week has to be the most tiring week of my entire existence. It wasn't just physically but emotionally draining too. I've had three exams and five assignments to hand in this week. And I've been missing my family more and more. I can't wait to see them. Facetime is not the same as seeing them. And to top it off Jace has gone back to his brooding self. It's like he purposefully waits for me to leave before going out and he hasn't replied to the one text I decided to send him. There's nothing I can do about it I guess. Because I, am not a clingy person. I understand when a person needs space and I have no intention of coming across as desperate so I've left it to god's will and continued with the endless task of studying for my finals.

Mon and Matt were officially a couple as of last week and Matt decided to have a party this friday to celebrate the occassion. It's a good thing friday is the last official working day in this semester. Students who were slacking off still have one more week to get their shit together but since I'm completely up to date with the schedule I will be done on friday. That's the only hope that kept me and the hundreds of other students from uni going on. I'm gonna get my freak on at the party on friday. Kidding. If you haven't noticed I'm dreading this party. What with Jace treating me like a old sock and me not knowing a lot of people there. Let's not forget the whole Caleb fiasco that went down last time. I'm thinking of every excuse in the book to skip the party but I know I can't do that to Mon. So I've gotta be the good friend I am and attend my impending doom. Yea well I'll think about it if I manage to survive the last exam on friday.

******* ********** ********

"So what are you going to wear to the party?" Mon enquired while we tried to navigate through the halls after we finished the last final. By some miracle we managed to survive the semester. Thank the lord.

"I was thinking an invisibility cloak. You wouldn't mind not seeing me If you know I'm there right?" I tried as a last resort. Mon knows how much I'm dreading going to this party but she thinks I should go and Jace might patch things up.

"Stop being a smartass." She swatted my arm and I made a face at her.

"What if he acts like he doesn't know who I am?" I sounded way too whiny for my liking.

"Then he doesn't deserve you and I'm gonna whoop his butt but trust me, it won't come down to that." That marked the end of that discussion. Somehow I couldn't get myself to believe her after yesterday when Jace shut his door soo fast when he heard my keys jingling. The whole building could feel it.

I don't know what I did that made him treat me like I stole his first born but it was getting on my nerves. It was also making me sad which I've tried to deny as much as I could the past couple of weeks but let's get real. I'm a textbook people pleaser and knowing there's someone out there trying to avoid me at all costs is like a kick in my gut. That's the only reason I'm going to acknowledge - I'm a people pleaser and any other person ignoring me would hurt just as much.

I shook my head to get rid of the thoughts that were eating away at my brain for the past week like a girl on her periods munching on chocolate. I've been acting like it doesn't bother me at all but I think Mon saw right through me.

Aaron couldn't hang out much the past few days because he was catching up on the classes he missed.  And even though I love Mon with all my heart she's a little too happy right now for me to sulk around her. I couldn't be happier for her Matt and her though. They're the cutest!!

"So what are you gonna wear to the party?" I asked Mon to stop my head from overheating again.

"I'm not sure. I was thinking of the midnight blue lace dress I wore for my birthday last year." She mused deep in thought. Imaging her outfit no doubt.