{Chapter Eight}

Hey, Enjoy the weird video, We had to study this for drama at school. Still scarred for life. So enjoy xx

Today is my first day at High School. September 1st. Monday. I don't like Mondays. School starts at nine and it is currently half seven and I am showered, dressed and currently eating a bowl of cereal. Dad just left as his first day of work he is having a talk before work starts. He is working for a architecture company. My bag is packed, it is a brown, worn out sactual. I am wearing black jeans a big washed out red jumper with black trainers and my glasses, my hair in a low ponytail. Suddenly hands grasp my shoulders, making milk and cereal jump out of my mouth onto the breakfast counter. I turn around, spoon in hand as a weapon to see Max smiling down at me. "What the hell." I jump up, pointing my spoon at him. "How did you get in?" I ask. "The door was unlocked." He stands back as I take my cereal over to the sink and and taking paper towel to wipe up my mess. "Is that what you wearing?" He pushes out. "What is wrong with it?" I look down at myself. "Upstairs." He says sternly, pointing upstairs. 

We get into my room and he opens my wardrobe and I flop next to Jasper on my bed. "I think this." He smiles holding up clothes at me. 

I get downstairs, once changed and applied makeup. I am wearing a black leather skirt with a long sleeved skirt that is spotty, my hair flowing down in it's natural form, tights and black heeled lace boots. My makeup, black eyeliner with flicks then everything else simple. My glasses still in there fixed place. I have such bad eye site. I know. Stereotypical.  

Max looks at me funny, his jaw lose and his face flushed

Max looks at me funny, his jaw lose and his face flushed. "Do I have to wear this?" I stomp my feet. "First impressions count." He tuts at me. "But the glasses." He adds, making my face drop. "What about the?" I question, putting my hands on my hips. "They are just... just a bit... Nerdy." "I have to wear them, I have bad eye sight." I sigh and grab my sactual of the floor and we exit to his sports car. Even more stereotypes. We climb into his car and I can't help feel the seats. They are so comfy. "Are you ready?" He turns to me as he starts the engine and I just shrug my shoulders, making him laugh. 

"Nervous?" He breaks the silence. "No." I quickly answer. "I know your type are a bit shy." He begins, but I ignore him. Max is wrong, I was never really shy, only around boys who I was interested in, which was just Benny Elson. 

We pull into a parking spot and Max turns to me. "Got your scheduled?" The word 'puzzle' smears across my face. "Okay, take the main door and turn left, walk down that corridor and on the left there will be a door which says, main office, ask there." He smiles and goes to climb out the car but I speak, holding him back. "Can't you come with me?" I gently say. "Sorry I am in the West Block, over there." He points. "Meet up at lunch?" He raises his shoulders and I nod, climbing out of his car. "I thought you weren't shy." He raises his eyebrows up and down, locking his car. "Shy and nervous are too different this Maximus." I say, walking away from him, swinging my back pack onto my back. 

I step into the school, eyes fixing to me. I slowly take my steps down the corridor, my head screaming run but my body moving like a turtle. Men winking, smiling or making odd movements. Girls waving, smiling or turning their noses up. Finally I reach the main office and I enter. Walking over to the desk, a woman with a pointed nose, unibrow and small, thick, green glasses resting on her nose with a chain resting around her neck. "Can I help you?" She asks, not looking up from her computer screen. "I am a new student and I do not have my scheduled." I blurt out at her. See nervous, not shy. "Name." She barks at me, still no eye contact. "Grace Claymouth." I smile at her, making her look up with a stern look, so I stop smiling very quickly. "Take a seat." She barks again, I slip off my sactual and sit down on a blue chair with brown arm rests and legs. Why is that important? Minuets later she walks over to me, handing me a folder. "Your Schedule is in there, letters for you parents and you to sign, lunch rota and information. You now need to speak with counsellor Trudy." She looks down at me. "Is this prison?" I joke, knowing they have counsellors. I quietly laugh along with my joke. "Pretty much." She shrugs, walking back over to her desk. On one of the doors says, counsellor. I jump up, knocking on the door. 

Counsellor Mrs Trudy seemed nice, I guess. She seemed nice with tissue boxes and family pictures dotted around her room. He furniture fuzzy with cookies in a jar and water jug with glasses. A pillow and something on her desk labelled 'talky stick'. Her hair, short and clean and she was wearing a light blue dress with a grey cardigan. Her makeup contained of blusher and light lipstick and light eye shadow. Her shoes, light blue pumps and simple jewellery with and wedding ring, well she had pictures of her wedding on her desk. Very family room based. Her voice sweet but firm at times. She basically asked me what I thought of the school so far and what to do if I needed any help. I step out of the main office into the empty corridors, but then the bell rings again, people filling the corridors in herds, me. Alone. No surprise there. I don't like Mondays.

Thanks for reading. Written by Jess and Liv. Let us know if you have any feedback. Love ya guys xx