{Chapter Thirty Six}

I (Liv showed Jess this and we just had to put it in. She peed herself with laughter. It has nothing to do with the chapter but it is important to life. Enjoy xx

Mona has not been at school all week so today I am going round to visit. Its Friday after school and I have ridden my bike and Max drooped me home.

I get to Mona's and there are no cars parked in the driveway. I ring the doorbell and Mona opens the door. She looks surprised to see me and her eyes are red puffy. Like she has been crying. "Mona. Can we talk?" I ask. She nods and I enter her house. We sit on the beanbags in the den. "Mona. I'm really sorry. I should have talked to you privately about it and not lashed out at you." "It's okay Grace. I should have told you guys. I'm not going to lie. I'm still kinda mad but forgiveness takes time and working through it will develop our friendship." She sniffles out. We both smile. "Do you want to explain?" I ask. "I do. But I want everyone to be here. What bout tomorrow?" I lower my head. "I'm not free tomorrow. My brother home. I'm free Sunday afternoon." I raise my head with a hopeful look. "Sure. I will msg everyone." Her face drops again. "So. How are you and Mike?" She changes the subject. "Fine. We hung out yesterday and things happened." I grin and she throw a pillow at me which hits my in the face so I chuck it back in a playful mood, us both laughing. "Shut up! That's great. So you talked?" Ummm... "No not really. We texted but it was nothing serious. I just over reacted." We both laugh. 

We hug goodbye at the door and I hop on my bike which I placed by the front door.      

"Zachery!" I smile giving him a big hug. "Hey Little One." He hugs back. "Dad." He releases me and him and dad have some bro hug thing. "Happy Birthday for last Tuesday!" I yell. "Thanks. I can't believe I'm nineteen." He grins. Well we have presents opening tonight and going out for dinner tomorrow." I say proudly. "Great." He smiles. "The Prier's have invited us over for dinner tonight at six so lets to presents and then get ready." Dad says. "I'll go get them." He adds then leaves the room. "So everything better with you two now?" Zachery nudges me. "Yeah. I'm trying to be on my best behaviour." I whisper and dad comes back in with fiver raped gifts in his arms. Thanks to me. 

I shower, dry my hair and give it slight waves, do my makeup and put on a black top. I have a few plain black tops as they are all handy but I can't decide what skirt to wear then right at the back of a draws is a skirt. Perfect. I add some jewellery and put on my lacy boots. Put my on my glasses. Obviously. I feel alone without my glasses. They are part of my soul! Depp I know.  

I press the doorbell which is really weird as I either just go in or I'm with Max

I press the doorbell which is really weird as I either just go in or I'm with Max. I don't like it. Mrs Prier opens it with a huge grin. She is wearing a cream skirt and white top. She is all about the pale colours, white, cream, light blue. You get it. We enter hugs and chatting. Me zoning out. Mr Prier and Zander are stood in the hallway. Mr Prier wearing a shirt and suit pants. A scotch in his hand. Zander dressed up nice as well. "Max is in the shower. Just got back from a run. He shouldn't be long." Mr Prier replies but at the moment Max comes down in black jeans and shirtless. "Mom have you see my blue shirt?" He asks then stops in his tracks. Realising we are here. "Well done Maximus." I clap him sarcastically, making myself laugh. "You are dead!" He yells with a cheeky grin and I sprint away from him  but he catches up to me. He grabs me in his arms, lifting me up of the floor. "Put me down!" I scream with laughter. "What do you say?" He says, lifting me up higher. "Sorry! You are the greatest!" I mange to get out and he puts me down. "I will be back Gracie." He smiles and leave me alone looking pleased with himself. "Dickhead." I mutter under my breath with a slight giggle. 

Dinner was very nice. Everyone is downstairs having tea and me and Max are sat in his room. "Max?" I begin and he pauses the video game we are playing and turns to me, placing the remote down and I do too. "Why did you guys accept me so quickly as a friend? Like is was like second day close friends. I'm just curious." I say. Slightly embarrassed I asked. "I guess. We all felt a connection. You may not see it Gracie but you are like us. If that makes sense? Its like we were friends at a young age and drifted apart but met up again and picked up where we left off. Sometimes I feel there are still things I don't know about you but then I feel I know everything." "Just because. Because I feel like I don't always fit in. You are all so popular and cool and I'm-" "Gracie. You are cool too and you don't realise it but you are popular. Guys wanna ask you out all the time. Girls wanna be your friend or you. You just don't see because maybe your aren't used to the attention. We you popular in your old school?" WHAT? HOW DO I ANSWER THAT? Sorry for yelling. "Well I wasn't popular. I had friends obviously. Who doesn't have friends but I wasn't like I am now." I quickly respond. "Do you miss your friends?" Whats with the interrogation. "Kinda. People drift apart and I guess when I lost my mom I was distant so I probably not missed." I answer. "Grace! Were leaving." Thank you dad! I don't want anymore questions. "Bye Max. See you Sunday. We will do a different night to catch up on our movie sleepover." 

Thanks for reading, written by Jess and Liv. Coming up are going to be some jumps in time but a storm is coming! (Not Literally) Don't forget to comment opinions, thoughts, feelings. Love ya guys xx