{Chapter Thirty Four}

Happy Halloween. I'm not going to lie. I feel spooked already after what I saw last night behind the ghost train. It took so long to fall asleep last night. I wake up in my usual spot on a Saturday morning. "I gotta go." I say to Max and he makes a little whimper. "Bye." I say leaving him alone. "Pick you up at seven." He says. and I pinch he cheeks and he wacks my hand away. "See you Max." 

I get home and dad is sat the breakfast bar. "Hey dad." I say, entering the kitchen and opening the fridge. I think toast today. I begin to grab my ingredients. Nutella, bread and banana. "Did you have fun last night?" Uhhhh. "Yeah." I reply, bluntly. "Well I got to go pop into work to pick up some sketches that I left on my desk. "I won't be long." Then he leaves. I munch onto my toast. Should I text Mona? Should I talk to her in person? I hope there is alcohol tonight! 

I put on my Halloween costume. My makeup looks so good. I am not even exaggerating, this makeup took hours to do and a lot of swearing and redoing.  I have hair dye in that is like those wash out ones. Pretty good. For Halloween I have to go as something that is at least a bit freaky or s actual a Halloween costume. Make sense?   

I hear my door bell ring and Max comes bursting in

I hear my door bell ring and Max comes bursting in. Obviously hes superman. He is wearing a grey suit that is open with a superman top underneath. He has fake glasses on, his hear neat. "Very good." I say to him. "Wow Gracie! You look great." He says in awe. "This took so long." I complain. "It paid off. I don't no how you were glasses all day. My nose already hurts." He rubs his nose making and pouting. "I must just be used to the pain." I chuff. 

"Wow you guys look great

"Wow you guys look great." Dad says coming in with his camera. "Dad." I drag out. "Come on. Superman and the Joker. You gotta pose for this one." He has a huge grin on his face. Me and Max stand shoulder to shoulder. Him in the Superman pose and me with my harms crossed trying to look proud and tall. My makeup means I don't have to smile. Dad takes the photo and we break out of position. Me and Max leave, hoping in his car. "We are all meeting outside Bryce's house as Mona wants a group photo for her photo album." Max informs me and I just nod. 

The party looks lively and everyone is waiting outside. Mona is wearing a costume from Pokemon? I'm not sure.