{Chapter Twenty}

Wednesday. Me and Max are on our way to Homeroom. We are laughing about stupid little things when he stops in front of the notice board. I keep walking until I released he has stopped so turn back around and stand next to him. 

"We are going to hold auditions next Monday after school for the musical Blood Brothers by Willy Russell. Please take a copy of the script located on the table and sign up on the sign up sheet for a character you would like to try out for. All students auditioning must show that they can sing. The auditions will be held next Monday, after school in the drama room. Good Luck."  

"You thinking about it?" Max asks. "Nah." I begin to walk away but he grabs my wrist and pulls me back into him. "You have an incredible voice Gracie. You should put your name down." He gestures at the board. "Nope." I shrug my shoulders. "Lets just read the scripts tonight and tomorrow morning when I pick you up you can give me your answer then." He hands me a script, also picking up one for himself. The bell rings and I turn around and the corridor are empty. "Were gonna be late." I grab Max's hand and we run down the corridor. 

I am heading to lunch, I'm alone as I needed a pee. I then bump into my usual bumper, Michael Gino. "Ohh. Hello Michael Gino." I smile, stepping back from his chest. "Hello Grace Claymouth." I go to step round him but he stops me. "Do you wanna catch a movie and dinner this Saturday?" He blurts out. "Sorry I'm busy like all weekend. What about the following Saturday. I know its a while away-" He steps closer to me. "I can wait." He smiles. "Well I will see you soon Michael Gino." I laugh. "Yep, Grace Claymouth." And he walks away. HAVE I GOT A DATE? AHHHHHHHH!! I try not to release my excitement in the corridor and act like it is a regular thing! First date! This town 

When I get home I read through the script. I love this musical, the songs, the characters. Everything. I think I might take Max up on his offer. Maybe I could get a small role, like one of the kids of the chorus roles. It will be fun. Me and Max could do it together. That should be interesting. 

Bleep bleep. My phone goes off. I look at it and its from Patrick. "Hey Sweet Cheeks. So do you wanna meet up at like eleven on Saturday. I can pick you up if you want." I read his message. "Yeah sure! But I don't like the new nickname." I reply. "Yeah, Max told me you have something about nicknames, Sweet Cheeks. We can hang out and get to know each other and then some fun surprises." I role my eyes. "Okay, see you tomorrow." And I tune back into my script. 

Thursday. Max picks me up and has soon as we hop in his car he asks, "So did you decide if you wanted to do the show?" Give me a minuet. "I have made a decision." Why is this so serious? "I will do it, as a small role if you do it with me." I turn my whole bod to him. "Deal." He shakes my hand.

We get to school and I jump with excitement when I see Lilly and Mona's name down on the sign up sheet along with Augustus. "Yay." I do a little excited shiver. But then I spot Amber Barch written on the sheet. Shit. I ignore that red pen is curvy handwriting and write my name down then hand my pen to Max. 

Sorry for the short chapter, next one will be longer, we promise. Thanks for reading, written by Jess and Liv. Let us know if you have any feedback or recommendations in the comments! Please! Love ya guys xx