{Chapter Forty Two}

Yes! My gift arrived for Max. Its next Wednesday and he is just having a thing with us and then a huge party on Friday night. Mr and Mrs Prier said it was okay and are going out with my dad to get away. I have got him a vinyl record to "As it is", a really cool band. He loves their music. 

It is Sunday today and the girls are coming over to help Lilly with her Miss Narberth thingy. In two weeks time she has to do a speech in front of the school in the assembly. All the girls who made it have to. She has her own rep (representative). Everyone competing at their own. 

I have food and drinks to keep my guests happy. 

"Hey. Guys." I open the door and they burst in with Fred and Bryce. "What are you guys doing here?" I add, shutting the door. "You will never guess who got in! Miss Amber Lichion." Lilly says. She is a bitch. "She is a cheating bitch and always gets what she wants. She is the definition of a stereotypical bitch." Mona says, as we walk up to my room. "You still haven't answered my question." I remind them. "Bryce is here because he is my guy. Every girl has to have a guy who does things with her so she looks cute and all lovey dovey. Its super sexist." Lilly says. "Yep." I reply as we sit down in my room in a big circle. "Fred is here because we need him if we are going to take down Amber." Nessa says. "We invited Max but he said he had some family thing all day." Lilly says. "No he doesn't." I say. "Yeah he does. He said so." Nessa argues. "No. He is sat at home play video games. I could see him this morning. He is dropping his car at the garage for a check up and that is it. Ask me anything about the boy." I respond. "Lets go get him then." Fred says. "Yeah. No. He feels really bad about not telling me about Michael so he is acting a bit distant. We are fine just need some air." I smile. On the inside I am dying! It hurts so much! We just text. "How are you sweetie?" Lilly asks, squeezing me with one arm. "I'm okay. I buried my feelings into chunky monkey and deleted my pictures of him then had to tell dad who told Zachery, luckily I convinced Zachery not to book a plane ticket to come and beat his ass." I smile.

The truth about Michael is... its killing me. I hate him so much right now. My heart sank at that moment. He din't even care. He deserves a Oscar for that performance that I will beat him with. My head hurts a lot and I have still been using dads medicine and normal pain killers. I see mom in the corner of my eye constantly. 

"I need a teacher to write a reference for me and meet my rep and talk about me in front of two members of the board." Lilly sighs, then shoves a mini cupcake in her mouth. "What about Alfie?" Mona suggests. "Mr Golding? I dunno. Is that too weird?" Lilly asks. "Yeah." Fred says without hesitation. "He knows you guys know and after a long discussion and some yelling he is cool. You can count on him Lilly. I'll text him right now." Mona says with enthusiasm. "Fine." She gives in. "Perfect." Fred mutters under his breath.   

After making posters and writing speeches and chatting, eating and listening to music we stop prepping.  

"So on Wednesday I was thinking we come to my house for his birthday and have pizza and beer. Just us, as we are having a sick party on Wednesday." Fred suggest. "Sounds good to me." I say, putting paper into my bin. "But first call Max and tell him to get his ass over here so you two can talk this whole Michael thing out. Okay?" Mona says. I am slightly scared. "Fine. When you guys leave I will call him over." I say, with a nervous quiver in my voice. 

Me and Max sit on my bed in my room. For a moment in silence. "Why did you call me over?" Max breaks the silence. "Max. Thank you again for beating the shit out of Michael and I'm sorry you got suspended. It has been awful at school without you but much better without Michael. I feel like we need to move past this not seeing each other and talk it out like adults. Right?" I let out. "Gracie. I'm so sorry I din't tell you. I let your heart break. But you seemed so happy and I want you to be happy. I just wish I could have changed things for you." He says and I leans on him. His hands supporting my shoulders and my head on his lap. "You're my best friend Max."  I whisper. "You're mine too Gracie." He whispers back.

Thanks for reading, written by Jess and Liv. Sorry this chapter was shorter then usual. Next chapter will be longer. We are coming close to the end so stay tuned! Haha love ya guys xx