{Chapter Nineteen}

My breath viciously escapes my body. I am sat up in my bed. I hate nightmares. It is Monday morning and I need to start getting ready for school so I jump out of bed and almost straight in the shower.

I get back into my room, in my fluffy bath robe. My hair dripping down and I open my blind. Rain trickles softly and slowly down the window. I liked watching the rain, it comforted me. Me and mom got caught in the rain sometimes. But one day it was different.

Flashback-Almost two years ago

Me and mom just went out to get us some new clothes. Its dads birthday soon and we are throwing him a surprise party and we both needed something to wear. We step out into the parking lots and the clouds are releasing buckets of water. We have shopping bags in our hands and we stand there under the shelter for a moment. The car is a journey away, its pretty much right at the end of the parking lot . I can't believe it! It was sunshine when we arrived, its like we entered another day without knowing it. 

"We are going to have to run for it." Mom sighs. "You know how I feel about running. Or any type of exercise really." I answer her. She just smiles at me and begins to run through the rain and I follow her. The rain makes it look like night time. I like the rain, not so much getting caught in it but I love watching it trickle down my window or just watching it. If I'm in a car, on the bus, in school, at home. Even under an umbrella I can stand. 

I overtake mom and smile as I run through the rain, my head held high. This time I don't mind getting caught in the rain. Its fun. A smile spreads across my face. I turn around to see mom stood still, she is at least thirty steps behind me. She looks up at me and mouths "help me". I just stand there. Then her bags drop to the floor and she does. "MOM!" I scream and drop my bags. I suddenly can't hear anything but the rain, banging against car and the road. I run over and bend down to her. We are both completely soaked but I don't care. "Mom?" I shout at her. She is awake, her eyes shinning at me, but she is not moving. She seems lifeless. "Mom?" I let out a little wimpier. "Help!" I shout. I look up and no one is around. "I look back down and she looks worse. "I reach into my pocket and my hands shake with fear as I dial 9-1-1. Why am I doing this? "911, whats your emergency?" A woman's voice says clearly. "Hello I am at the WestShore Plaza." I stutter out. "Okay. Can you tell me your name and the accident." She asks. "Please hurry." I cry out. "Please calm down. Tell me what happened and your name." She repeats. "My name is Grace Claymouth. My mother has collapsed in the parking lot. WestShore. Please hurry." I cry. "We are sending help immediately." And the phone hangs up. I just drop my phone to the floor, not that it is a long drop. "Mom. What's wrong with you?" I ask. "I don't know." She whispers. 

Present

I shut my blind and my tears trickle like the rain. I wipe them and open my wardrobe.

"Hello Gracie." Max enters my kitchen. "Your dad let me in on his way out. I am so happy the rain has stopped. Lets just hope it stay like this for the rest of the day. Ready?" He says as I wash up my plate. "Yep." I follow behind him. 

He is currently driving us to school and its quiet, the music playing gently in the background. "Who was that guy you were dancing with at prom?" He out of the blue asks me. "Michael Gino. He was that guy who bumped into me. We are going to hang out some time." I smile. "Good. Well I was thinking we could hang out this Friday. Like watch a film and eat crap and drink. You can come round mine if you want." He slips out. "That sound like fun. But I am wearing my comfy clothes and bringing some of my own movies. I think I would wanna watch a horror." I say. 

We get into homeroom and Bryce, Fredrick and Lilly are already there. "Cute outfit." Lilly jumps up from her seat. "I am wearing black jeans a white top which has lace at the bottom. black ankle boots and a black denim jacket which as fur around the collar and wrists with a thin, light scarf which is like a cream colour and and black beanie hat. "Thanks." I smile, sitting down. My makeup is very simple with flicks of my eyeliner.