Chapter 42

I never had any issue when it comes to what I'll waer for a conference. I often go with my typical easy corporate attire.

That was before.

Before I was promoted. And before I met my extra ordinary  secretary turned assistant. A person whom I never thought would one day work for me. She happened to grow with the luxury--- the rest of the world would dream of.

Thorie--- "Sharonie Thorie Lopez Fernandez aka Ronie Lopez". A twenty-four year old resigned Police officer II and a UNICEF ARIDA Study Coordinator in Nepal. An active Red Cross volunteer. A designer,model, travel blogger and a mountaineer. Did I mention she's the sole heir of Philtel Telecommunication and FGA Group of Companies?

Although, her identity remains confidential. It is just between me, Atty. Alvarez and Thorie herself. Even Joshua don't have any idea about it. She looks different now. From a socialite, beautiful Police officer to a simple  yet fawesome assistant. Our co-workers even think she's verging on being a member of the LGBT. Not that there's something wrong with it. I mean, it's acceptable and it's of the  person's right to be who they want to be. But Thorie is a fragile glass who choose to be packed differently. Her hair's always in bun, small golden glases that looks like one from those sold in Edsa and her usual  straight cut slocks and easy blouses.  

Despite that, she still keeps  that taste of fashion. Yesterday she forced me to ware a black corporate mini dress. Like the ones Joshua and Lena conspired behind my back few months ago.

I admit, I gained confidence. Looking ready to face the delegates, the way a HR Head  should be.

Now, I'm  in this floral  mini  dress. Complimented,  of looking young and radiant.  Flattered, I gave her a tight hug for being  a big help  to me.

I was sitting  on the couch entertained  by Juan  and Thorie's exchanges  of opinion. They were talking about my son's  new lego snowspeeder from  Will. It's way complicated for his age. It has a lot of small parts and tons  of lego  to build. But knowing my son, he's  very into  it.

"Don't  you think this parts are too  small for you  Juan?" Thorie looked worried. While trying to make  sure that Juan's legos  are properly placed in its box.

"No tita. I will not  put it in my mouth." My son seriously  convincing Thorie.

"You're  too smart and patient little guy. I don't  know  if I'll  be able to do what you're  doin'."

Thorie's  reaction made Juan giggle. They were concentrating to much that I felt sad to interrupt  them. But it's  time to go. The party's about to start. And I'll  be delivering another  speech tonight.

"We better start keeping  your lego Juan. Nanay and Tita Thorie have to  go."

"Am I going with you Nanay?" Juan  respectfully  asking.

"Of course! You have to show your tuxedo to everyone  downstairs." Thorie gave him a wink  and fixed his tie. Juan excitedly  fixed his toys and cling to  Thorie's hand.

I was left fascinated with  how Juan is growing. It seemed like  he is growing too fast each day. I am always surprised  with what he can do.

With the way his face's shape, looking  exactly like his father. He sound, smile, and move like  him. If not with  the color of his eyes, no one will probably  think he's  my son.

Sighing, I decided to set my worries away. I'll  let whatever it is that's in-store  for Juan and JR. For now, I have a bunch of lawyers  and  MBA's  to greet and welcome.

I found the two  patiently waiting for me outside the room. Juan extend his right hand to me. While  the other one was still clinging  on to Thorie's.  He was happily  telling us his excitement  to attend the party.  Making  Thorie and I smilingly  amazed with him.