Chapter 28

"Hello Yuni" was all I can say. Parang  ang tanga ko. Na hindi ko alam kung ano ba ang sasabihin ko. I was just looking at Atty. Alvarez. He never left my eye. He's staring at me like he's an eagle eyeing his prey. My every move. It's as if any single wrong word from me will trigger his attack.

He made a fake cough bago tumayo. "Excuse me Mr. Cortez I want to see the paintings." He pointed the paintings on the wall.  It was because the entire restaurant was adorned with different paintings from my father's collection.

"Okay Sir." yun lang ang nasabi ko. Napa-pailing na lang ako sa katangahan ko. I wish this will not give the Attorney a bad impression for me. He gave me a nod at nag lakad na palayo sa akin. And when he's away from me that's when I started to hear what Yuni is saying.

"Hello Baby are you still there?" Shes been talking but I don't know what it is all about. All I know is that Atty. Alvarez is hiding something I am afraid of. Something that has to do with Yuni. Or with me.

"Baby. I've been talking in here. I called your teammates. They said your not with them. JR. Hello?"

"Oh. Yeah sorry Yuni. I'm on a meeting right now. And please stop calling me baby."

"Fine! I know you're in a meeting. I called Emma. She said you're in Chrisostomo right now. I'm on my way."

"You're coming here? When did you arrive?" I got no idea na dumating na pala ang fiancee ko.

"Yeah. Straight from the airport dear. I'm not gonna wait for you in your house. You  know how you're Mom hates me. I don't want to deal with an old woman." She sounded bratty again. Even if she's my soon to be wife I'm not gonna let her call my mother that way. Yes she's my fiancée but she has no right to disrespect any member of my family. A family that she'll belong soon.

"Stop calling my Mom that way Yuni." Alam kong napalakas na ang boses ko. Nakita ko na napabaling ang tingin ng mga customers sa akin. I also spotted Atty. Alvarez smirking habang tinitignan ang Giardino Haliano ni Guido Borelli na nakasabit malapit sa west wing ng restaurant.

"Sorry. I just want to see you JR. I really miss you. " she knows exactly how sensitive I'am when it comes to my family.

"I miss you to. But show my Mom some respect Yuni. You know how much I value my parents. My family."

"I know.  I just. Jjust..yeah sorry again. I'm on my way. Finish your meeting. And oh. Before I forget  I heard your talking with the Atty. Alvarez."

"Yes. He just gave me some free time so I can talk to  you." I lied. Hindi ko naman pwedeng sabihin kay Yuni kung ano ba tong kakaibang nangyayari ngayon. How will I explain it to her if I my self don't even know what's going on.

"Can I meet him?" Masigla pang tanong nito. Pwede ko ba silang ipakilala sa isa't isa? O mag dadahilan na lang ako. Pero bakit naman hindi pwede. Wala naman sigurong masama kung ma meet ng fiancée ko ang business partner ko.

"Okay. But behave when you're here." I know her too well that I have to remind her not to over react some times.

"I will JR. Don't worry. And oh. I'm right in front of the door. Nobody seemed interested to open the star."  Bratty again.

She's here. I dropped the call and walk straight to the door. And there she is. The ever stunning and very sophisticated Yuni Evi Kispers.

She instantly wrap her arms around me. Not thinking of how many people is looking at us, she gave me a kiss. A kiss that's not supposed to be done outside with too many customers watching.

I'm used to how she behaves but ayoko parin ang mga ginagawa niya. Her doing something like this just to tell others that I belong to her. I just don't get it. Hindi naman niya kasi kailangan pang gawin to.