VII | Vendetta

I'm not sure why common sense didn't save us from stepping a foot into Cheryl's home, but we're here after the most silent of car rides and I'm smacked dead between Betty, who's nervously leaning on me with a elbow in my thigh, and Archie who's to...

I'm not sure why common sense didn't save us from stepping a foot into Cheryl's home, but we're here after the most silent of car rides and I'm smacked dead between Betty, who's nervously leaning on me with a elbow in my thigh, and Archie who's too upset to hold the ice pack on his face, so I'm doing it myself. If that doesn't make the situation already uncomfortable, Cheryl has us sitting in a room, staring at an eerie portrait  of her and Jason hanging on these dreadful mahogany wood walls.

There are an assortment of people in this room, ranging from some girls on the Vixens to Reggie.

Of course she invited Reggie.

For someone who recently loss their brother, Cheryl seems to continue her mission of lives. Having Archie and Reggie in the same room is only asking for a world of trouble.

In fact, Reggie is staring me down. He only looks away when I look at him to scowl at Archie who's a little ways away from leaning on me.

I didn't plan on the night going like this.

"You know this was the last picture Jason and I sat for to be painted. It means so much to me," Cheryl sighs, running her fingers over the dusty painting before she turns around to show us all a delightful smile. It sends chills down my spine and I don't want it to be the last thing I see before I die.

"It sucks that Jason's party was ruined by a bunch of fools fighting over the new girl."

Here we go.

Betty rubs the back of my hand with her thumb as I stay silent and take all of the flak that is tossed my way.

It isn't bothering me in the slightest.

"What did you do to have these boys chase you like this?"

The room stays silent as do I before Cheryl continues on with her targeted words.

"I guess you had to showcase some of your talents like a slut would."

"Whoa Cheryl too far," Archie stands up and Reggie does too, both ready to defend me. I didn't expect that from Reggie and I must say I'm a little taken aback.

"She ruined the dance for Jason. I'm not going to sit back and have her get away with it."

"It's not that serious. Don't talk about Veronica like that. Especially since you don't even know her."

"But do you know her Archie? Do you really?"

Archie slides back in his seat next to me visibly defeated but not broken.