III | Intensity

Betty, Archie and Kevin have been very welcoming to me into their group

Betty, Archie and Kevin have been very welcoming to me into their group. It's been nice being around them, even Jughead has been making his presence known by sitting with us more frequently at lunch.

I guess I'm doing things right. 

I stay on my phone, trying my hardest not to click on Twitter because I know the girls in New York are drowning my feed in drama. I'm trying to pay attention to what's happening in Riverdale and the only thing I got going for me right now is that girl Cheryl who's mood never changes.

"Veronica, are you in there?" Archie asks before he places his hand on my phone, grabbing it and leaving me utterly confused.

Looking up, Archie is focused on making sure that I pay attention to him at least and not my phone.

"Archie."

He slides my phone into his jeans pocket, before he pushes his plate of fries my way and I take one as I pout, making Betty and Kevin laugh but Jughead scoff.

He does smile a little after however.

"Talk to us," Betty says laying her head on Kevin who's looking at his phone himself.

"Are we color coordinating for the dance?"

"No, where what you want."

"Jughead, are you going?" I ask him, wanting to seem polite.

Jughead takes a sip of his orange soda before he clears his throat and I prepare myself for what I have gotten myself into. What I have gotten all of us in really.

"I don't do dances," Jughead simply answers and I sigh of relief just a little early. "Social situations that are immersed in music and food that is barely touched for entertainment sounds very fishy to me. What is the point of it all? Just another useless event in this society."

I share a look with everyone, a very uneasy one, before Jughead says something that isn't laced with his ideologies about a school dance.

"I have to work at the drive-in that day anyway."

I show him a mildly sympathetic face before I turn back to Betty who seems to be enjoying the fries that I'm eating from.

"Veronica, I think you should try out for the River Vixens."

"You should," I counter back. Betty fits the criteria to me. I wouldn't mind looking at looking at her cheer.