Chapter 2

Normal P.O.V

Alex watches, a huge grin plastered on his face as Lin holds the other's ID to his chest, practically jumping up and down in excitement. The shorter male was beaming as John rounded the corner, walking towards the coffee shop, Laf and Herc following behind the shorter, freckled male.

"Hey Alex!" John called out, waving his arm in the air, nearly nailing Mulligan in the face. Alex grin widened, if that was even possible, as he walked past an ecstatic Lin and towards his boyfriend. He smothered his boyfriend in a hug quickly before turning back around, only to see Lin still staring at his ID in disbelief.

"Lin?" Alex questioned, getting no response from the man he had just met mere minutes earlier. "Lin!" Alex said, patting the man on the shoulder, making Lin look back up, finally remembering that this was real, and that the Alexander Hamilton was standing right in front of him.

"I still can't believe it!" Lin practically squealed, reluctantly handing Alex's ID back. "I understand, but there are a couple of other people I want you to meet." Alex said, turning Lin around, to face the rest of the group. They all looked at Alex with a mixture of confusion and excitement. (Because you know, Alex making a friend instead of another debate partner was a always a plus.)

"Lin, I'd like you to meet my boyfriend, John Laurens. Also that is Hercules Mulligan and his partner Marquis de Lafayette, use they/them pronouns for Laf or we WILL have a problem." Alex said, making Lin nod, still at a loss for words.

"Woah woah woah, Alex, what the hell?!" John squeaked, wanting an explanation for why his boyfriend just gave away their real names, to a random person in the middle of New York, a state that was greatly divided in rights or no rights for reincarnates, or anyone in the LGBT+ community for that matter.

"Alex, mon ami, what are you doing?" Laf said, putting his large hand right on top of short Alex's head, messing up his already messy pony tail.

"Lets go inside, and I promise that I'll explain everything." Alex stated, sliding out from under Laf's grip, opening the cafe door, allowing the others to go in first. After everyone ordered something, Alex just getting a black coffee, even though John had told him many times that it will 'Break your soul'.

"Okay Alex, explanation time." Hercules said, half glaring at Lin, who sat on Alex's left, on the inside of the large booth, and John on the other, in the aisle way.

"My name is Lin-Manuel Miranda, nice to meet you Hercules." Lin stated, putting his hand out across the table, which Hercules shook, a bit awkwardly. "You can call me Lin if you'd like." Lin stated, sitting back down after he shook Laf's hand as well, however he couldn't shake John's since Alex was sitting between them.

"Lin can you get some of those papers out?" Lin nodded, instantly grabbing his bag and ruffling through all of the loose papers that were thrown throughout his bag, taking out and setting the 'Alexander Hamilton' book, which made the rest of the group raise their eyebrows.

"Did you give away your name just because he was reading that?" John questioned, hitting his boyfriend over the head. Alex grumbled, retying his hair up, since at this point it was extremely frizzy and messy.

"No, Lin is writing a musical!" Alex exclaimed, a little too loud. Lin passed them each a paper, including Alex, who received the opening song. They all read them over.

"I've been working on this project for nearly 5 years now, I'm still trying to figure out some of the lyrics, and I am barely in to Act 2, but now hopefully it'll go a lot quicker with Alex helping." Lin said, excitement ringing through his voice.

"Yep! I can help you out for the lyrics, and I have plenty of more people to introduce you too! Just come to college with us and hang out, G. Wash should be okay with you sitting in on a couple of our classes and debate club if you'd like." Alex said, looking towards the rest, getting a slight nod from each.