Chapter 4

Normal P.O.V

It's been over 2 months since Lin had that fateful encounter with Alexander. And in those two months, Lin had been practically living with the Revolutionary group in their apartment.

In the short 2 months, 4 songs were finalized and 3 more were added. Lin was extremely happy with the pace they were moving at, and he decided he might even be able to finish ahead of schedule.

Alex, well Alex was a huge help. After going through some of his journals and getting long rants (hours long) of certain events, Lin had a better understanding of what was going on than before.

When Lin recorded the songs on his crappy phone, if the song was mainly Alex's lines, he'd record it as well.

To be honest, no one expected Alex to have such a good voice, but he does.

Currently, Alex was writing another one of his endless essays at the computer, dark bags were under his eyes. Lin was sitting on the couch across the room, humming different tones and trying to figure out more lyrics.

Laf and Herc were out and John was in class. They were going to meet up with the duo about half way through Debate club later.

It seemed they all went to control Jefferson, Burr, and mainly Hamilton, but yeah.

Plus, if they didn't watch the trio's mouths, the others might suspect who they were, and they didn't want that. Yes, basically everyone had an idea about them, but no one was ever spot on.

"Alex!" Lin called, finally pulling the younger's attention away from the computer screen. "We've got to go to debate." Lin stated, collecting his notebook and bag. Alex nodded. There weren't many things he'd take a break for, but debate was one of them.

After a long walk across campus, they entered the hall where the club was held. Washington was standing at the front, monitoring the groups. Hamilton instantly made his way to Jefferson and Madison and started arguing with them. Lin sighed, but followed anyways, his notebook and pen out, ready to take notes as well as start putting together more songs.

After a little while, the two turned from having an argument to having a full out shouting match. Jefferson was straightened up, using his height advantage, however Alex used his small, agile frame to climb up on the table, towering over the other.

"Ham- Alexander, shut up." Burr pleaded towards the younger. "NO! Jeff- Thomas doesn't even have a correct opinion!"

"I will drag you down."

"No you can't!" And then Alex went back to screaming at Jefferson . Burr was pissed at this point, he reached over on the supplies desk and grabbed the staple gun.

"Don't make me Alex-"

"Ohhhh, a staple gun, I'm so fucking scared-"

At some point during the argument the rest of the group had showed up and was crowded around them, the other students just stood off in the corner, not willing to get in the middle of this.

"That's fucking it!" Burr shouted, and then shot the staple gun four times at Hamilton, the closed staples hitting his chest, the loud snapping noise ran through the room, and soon Burr realized what he did. His eyes widened and he stepped back, dropping the staple gun with a clang, realizing that he did it again. He shot his friend again.

Alex's eyes dilated and he could no longer see what was in front of him, he was locked in a memory. The memory of when Burr shot him, his thoughts, and everyone could tell that the staple gun had triggered it, they could see it in his eyes and posture.