Chapter 24

Normal P.O.V

Alexander was on his laptop when he saw the notification that an email had come through, tagged with an 'urgent' mark on it.  Alex clicked on it, running his hands through his frizzy hair that, unlike usual, was down.  

Alex nearly had a panic attack from looking at who the email was from.

The freaking White House.

Alexander took a deep breath, pausing for a moment as he calmed himself before continuing into the virtual letter.  

Dear, Mr. Hamilton

This message is written on behalf of President Trump in regards to your recent announcement of running in the 2020 Presidential Election.  We would like for a Skype interview with you and Mr. President on Good Morning America that will be moderated by David Muir.  

The date set for this interview will be Wednesday, February 14th, 2018.  The interview will be 10 am to noon that day, and connection time will be at 9:30 am.

We here at the White House will hope you will respond swiftly and look forward to this interview.

Signed, The White House 

Signed, President Trump

Alex read the email a dozen times before finally slouching back again, sighing.  John was out at a café with Lafayette, and Hercules, leaving just Lin in the apartment.  

"Li-Lin!" Alex choked out through the apartment, making the other come out from the bedroom quickly and into the living room where Alex was sitting on the couch.  Lin plopped down next to him, looking over.

"What's up?" Lin asked, and Alex was silent, worrying the other since the boy most times, never shut up.  Alex simply passed Lin his laptop, having the other read the email.  Lin took in a deep breath, making sure that he stayed calm for Alex, while on the inside he had a mixture of freaking out and excitement.

"I think you should defiantly do it.  Mr. Muir is a great interviewer, and will definitely keep you two on track and give you good topics and questions.  Plus, we can just do it here, and we can help you prepare for anything and show you notes and such if needed." Lin explained to Alex, who was immediately calmed at Lin's words.

"Thanks, Lin," Alex responded, instantly writing up a response saying that he'd be more than happy and he'll be ready on time.  Making it short and sweet before he ranted and embarrassed himself to the White House and President Trump.

"It's on Valentine's day, you know that, right?" Lin asked the other, as he whined, slouching down on the couch, Lin pulling away Alex's laptop, saving the other document Alexander had pulled up before closing it and putting it on the coffee table.

"Come 'ere," Lin opened his arms to Alex, the other leaning into it, putting his head with crazy hair on the other's chest.  Lin combed his fingers through Alexander's knotted hair.

"Anything on your mind?"

"I don't know.  It's just a lot that I'm working on, and that interview is on Valentine's Day, I was hoping to do something with John."

"You'll be done by noon, that leaves more than half the day anyway to do whatever."

"Are you planning to do anything with V?"

"We agreed to get together later in the night, probably go to an early movie and then have at her place-"

"Lin," Alex cut in, "I don't want Vanessa to think that all of your dates or hangouts have to be at her place because we are all here, ya know.  You can do things here, we won't bother you, we can also go out." Alex explained.