Chapter 13

Alexander's P.O.V

It was a little past four, and I was sitting on the floor, little Ben standing in front of me as I held onto his hands. I was trying to get him to talk while John and Eliza were currently taking a little nap in the guest room. Eliza on the bed, and John back down on the mat. Lin was getting ready for the show at the theater, and Laf and Herc went for support, leaving us three.

"Can you say your name, say Ben. Say Ben." As I said this, there was a video camera capturing this all, knowing that Ben's mother would want to see this. Mrs. Bailey had been working so hard, and she was so sad when she missed Benjamin's first steps, so I took the liberty of offering to video tape anything big that happens with her son.

"My name .... -ip,-ip." I paused, "Up?" I questioned, standing up, pulling Ben up with me, bouncing him on my hip a bit, tilting the camera a bit up so that it was still on Ben.

"Come on Ben. Say Ben."

"Phillip! Phillip!" Ben cheered, and I paused, looking at Ben. That's not his name, and I've never said that.

"Papa, Papa!" Ben cheered, wrapping his little arms around my neck.

"Ben?" I questioned. "Say Ben, come on Benjamin." I begged, trying to keep my emotions at bay.

"Phillip.. Hami-ton...." I paused. "Hamilton!!!" Ben cried, and I could feel tears well up in my eyes as I looked at the child in my arms.

Could he really be-

"Pa! My name, Phil~ Ham-"

"P-P-Phillip?" I cried out, tears freely springing from my eyes at this point. Was this my son, was Benjamin the reincarnate of my son?!

Ben nodded, clearly having understood me. Even though he was usually quiet, most children had a few memories when they were younger. Washington had told me he knew who he was since he was 2, so it was completely plausible that this was my son! That he already knew.

I decided to test the theory.

"Repeat. Un deux trois quatre six sept huit neuf." I sang, like how Eliza did when he was a kid.

"U-un, duex, trois, quatre, six sept~ huit~ neuf~" Ben sang, a little broken. But he changed the tune at 7.

Seven.

"Phillip."

"Papa." Ben- no, Phillip laughed out.

"JOHN, ELIZA, GET IN HERE!!! SOMETHINGS HAPPENING!!!" I cried out in a scream, tears still spilling from my eyes, while Phil was looking up at me with a smile, still singing his numbers in French, just how he used to.

Moments later, John and Eliza burst into the room, looking worried and panicked.

"What happened?"

"Why are you crying?" They both shot questions at me. I didn't answer yet, I just hugged Phillip tighter, kissing the top of his head.

"I-....I'm so sorry. I'm sorry, I didn't think, I was stupid. I was stupid." I beat myself up verbally, mumbling the words into Ben's head. Phillip's.

"Alex, don't say that." John said, wrapping an arm around my waist, kissing my temple.

"Alexander~, are you okay." Eliza said, worrying about me. Eliza put her arms out, wanting to take Ben- Phillip, however I didn't want to hand him over. If I was right, she was still his mother, but I couldn't.

"Mama!" Phillip called out, making me cry even harder. Phillip was reaching towards Eliza. Eliza smiled sadly, grabbing onto his hands. "Hey Ben, do you know what's wrong with Alex?" Eliza asked, even though she didn't expect an answer. As Liza talked to the baby, I was calming myself down. I knew my eyes were bloodshot and puffy, but I was no longer crying.