Chapter Eleven

I was locked in my room, expected to calm down, but I had not calmed down and I was nowhere near close to getting to that point.

Instead, I was sitting in the middle of my bed, with my legs to my chest, staring ahead as though I were in a trance of some sorts.

Images were flooding through my mind; images of everything imaginable happening to those who were taken.

I could see each death and each attack as though I were experiencing it firsthand. Although my mind had been violated before by the P'yushchego Vampirov, so there was also a likely chance that these images were being put inside of my mind to weaken me.

I was not weak though, because I could not feel anything other than paranoia regarding this whole situation.

On the outside I may not be moving, appearing calm and collected, but on the inside, I was screaming and tearing apart my flesh from the inside, desperate to be released and find my own solution to this god awful mess.

I am unsure of what the time was, but the sun was now about to set, so I was at least aware that I had been inside my room for hours.

I could hear breathing from outside my room, which let me know that someone was still outside my room, guarding me like a child.

My bedroom door opened and I did not even bother to look at who was entering, because it could only be so many.

Florence was out of the question, because for all I knew Heath was ordered to keep her contained as well.

That left only a few who would act reasonably around me, not sharing my same fear.

"Cordelia" the voice spoke, surprising me as I turned to see Tinsley, standing there with a serving tray.

She set the tray beside me and sat down at the edge of my bed "Montgomery asked me to bring you some blood, so that you do not grow too weak" she put her hand on my shoulder, making me flinch "Although, you already seem to appear so"

I wanted to tell her that I was not weak and show it by escaping this room, but all at the same time, I did not want to move or cause any more attention to myself.

The scent of the blood was enticing and I knew that I could not ignore my need to drink.

I looked over at the tray and saw another small vile of a green liquid, so I picked it up, attempting to investigate what it could be.

"It is a potion to help you fall asleep. I have already offered some to so many who are terrified for their loved ones, including Florence" she said, taking the vile from my hand "All you have to do is pour it into a drink"

She stood, walking over to my cabinet, where I kept liquor, like most of the vampires in this household.

"I recommend taking it with something stronger, because it will disguise the taste of herbs and other ingredients" she said, setting the bottle of bourbon on my vanity, along with the potion.

"Thank you" I whispered, knowing that she was in pain as well, due to Ava's disappearance "I am deeply sorry for Ava"

She gave a small nod "We all knew that this fight would be coming here head on eventually" she started walking towards the door, but stopped, turning back to me "Montgomery told me that if no news has been heard by sunrise, he wants me to try casting a location spell"

"Why not now?" I asked.

"Ava was always more talented at spells than I was, especially protection and location spells. My specialties lie elsewhere" she answered.