Chapter Eighteen

(Picture of Lukas Viktar)

Jakub and I had now joined Lukas, Rosalyn and Saskia in the living room, where I was more than out of place.

"Cordelia, did you hear what I said?" Saskia asked.

I shook my head, realizing that I was slipping in and out of focus.

She took a drink from her goblet "I said that Rosalyn and Lukas are choosing two from the dungeon to feed from"

I knew she would make me watch, no doubt, but I was not ready to see who would walk through the entrance with Rosalyn and Lukas.

"Do not worry, whoever they choose will probably get a less violent death than the others, so you should be thankful that this is happening" Jakub said, as he pulled me onto his lap, petting the back of my hair, showing that I was his property now.

"Let me go!" a voice screamed, as Lukas entered the room, with Preston Lancaster.

I looked away, only to lock eyes with Louis, who was being pulled along by the chain around his neck, by Rosalyn.

I may have been weak, but I was now appearing more emotional than I would like, as Louis grew angry at me being on Jakub's lap.

"Now who do we have here?" Jakub asked, pushing me off of him, roughly, while taking a stand.

"One of the shapeshifters for Rosalyn and a vampire for me" Lukas said, forcing Preston to kneel.

I stared at Louis and stood, trying to rush to him, but Jakub grabbed me by the waist and touching me suggestively in the process, while I grew weak in his arms again.

Louis formed fists and started breathing hard as he stared at Jakub, most likely picturing his death at his hands.

Saskia looked between me and Louis and let out a laugh "Cordelia, do you have love for this animal?"

I started shaking, knowing that she already knew the answer and would most likely make his death painful to watch, just to hurt me further.

I looked down, as tears started flowing out, while Louis, despite the burning silver around his neck, stood, pushing Rosalyn to the floor.

"How dare you!" Rosalyn said, while Lukas stared down at her, doing nothing to help her.

Saskia walked up to Louis, running her nail down his check "How intriguing is this little situation" she pulled at the chain, bringing him to his knees once more, as he winced in pain.

Jakub looked down at me and started becoming territorial "Should I make sure that she watches?"

Saskia nodded "Yes, make her watch"

Jakub ran his hand slowly up my chest and wrapped a hand around my throat, forcing me to keep my eyes on Louis, while Louis was only growing livid with how I was being handled.

"Feed now, before I grow bored" Saskia said, sitting back down in her chair, which she treated as a throne.

Rosalyn stood over Louis, just as Lukas did with Preston, before both sunk their fangs in, drinking from both unwilling parties.

"No, please! Stop this!" I cried out, trying to break free from Jakub's grip.

"She is certainly putting up a feisty fight, Saskia" Jakub said, amused, while tightening his grip on me.

I somehow managed to break free from Jakub's grip and rushed to Saskia, kneeling down in front of her "Please, I beg of you! I will do anything, I promise! Just make this stop!"

She stared down at me, before looking back at the scene "Do you truly love that animal?"

I started crying "He is not an animal, please! I beg you, stop this madness" I said, shaking furiously and hoping for a miracle.

Saskia held up her hand "Stop feeding"

Lukas and Rosalyn both stopped, looking at her with the same confused stare.

Saskia stood "I have now become bored of this" she looked at Rosalyn "Rosalyn, return both of them to the dungeon, now" she looked down at me, while I quickly looked to Louis, hating to see him so weak. "Jakub, take Cordelia back to your room"

I realized that she said his room and I stood, backing away, knowing exactly what would happen.

I had no choice but to use what remained of my strength and I used my telekinesis to throw him into a wall, catching him off guard as I ran down the hallway.

I no longer cared where I went, just as long as it was not with Jakub, but painful memories started vividly flashing through my mind, just as it had before and I started stumbling, running into a wall and leaning to it for support.

He was using his gift and I knew it was him, meaning he was the one that used it on me at the coalition that night.

"You will not beat me with this" Jakub said, walking towards me.

I tried running off again, but stumbled to the ground, unable to escape the pain these images were causes me.

"Submit to me!" he ordered, walking closer to me.

I closed my eyes, still trying to crawl away, but quickly passed out, losing every bit of my remaining strength.