Chapter Forty- Seven

After witnessing two more deaths, both deserved, we realized that we would need to look in the forest come sunrise.

We realized just how weak we were at night, with or without Rosalyn's gift of teleportation, they had the upper hand and they would use it every chance they had.

Unfortunately, we were not met with the same quiet surroundings matching when we had left the grounds.

Screaming was heard upstairs, startling all of us as we entered.

My eyes immediately went to Rowan, who was seated on the staircase, covering her ears as she rocked back and forth, mumbling something under her breath.

Worry was my first reaction, worry that something had happened to Jemina.

"Someone stay with her!" I ordered, storming up the staircase and finding Maisie, Tinsley and Montgomery standing outside Jemina's room.

"What is wrong?" I asked, standing next to Montgomery.

He slowly looked at me "Tinsley and I believe that due to her wiccan abilities, the time it normally takes for a vampire to acquire gifts has progressed"

Jemina was rolling around on her bed, as if she were being possessed by dark forces.

"Make them go away!" she screamed, pulling at her hair.

Tinsley looked at me with teary eyes "It is so painful to watch"

I watched as she placed her arms around Maisie.

"What do you believe she has?" I asked.

"Judging from what she has described, I believe she has some intense form of clairvoyance" he explained, before pausing, looking for the correct words "You no longer need to look in the woods for Langston"

"Why is that?" I asked my voice cracking.

He looked down "She is currently seeing through Langston's eyes and feeling his pain"

"P-Pain?" I asked, cringing at that word, because someone so innocent did not deserve to experience what the P'yushchego Vampirov were capable of.

Jemina let out a blood curdling scream, making Maisie and Tinsley jump.

Unlike them, I knew exactly what they were capable of, though I did not want to fill their minds with the images that Jemina was most likely experiencing.

"Ow! Make it stop!" Jemina screamed out, frozen on the bed, as if she were being held down herself.

"How could someone do such a thing?" Maisie asked, crying against Tinsley.

Tinsley held her tightly, almost attempting to shield her away from the pain in any way she knew how.

I looked at Montgomery "I could offer myself in return for his safety back here"

Montgomery's eyes widened "You of all people know that they will most likely take you and kill him, then return him"

I looked down at Maisie.

"I failed my promise to my parents" she sobbed.

Tinsley held her tighter, unable to look away from Jemina.

Jemina let out a gasp and finally stopped moving, panting.

"I cannot feel anything anymore" she spoke, softly, but lout enough for us to hear.

Tinsley started sinking down against the door, letting go of Maisie, before letting out her own loud sob.

I looked over, seeing several watching from their own doorways, taking in the reality of the situation.

This could not be happening.

Langston could not be dead.

I stumbled over to the stairway, sinking down against it, feeling the weight of my body take over as if I were being pulled down by anchors.

I knew that because of these events, the war will be brought to us instead of the other way around.

No.

I shakily stood, walking up the stairs, while Louis ran up, catching up with me, as I made my way up to my room.

"Are you going to be alright?" he asked, approaching the question very carefully.

I shook my head "No, I am ready to end this. Once and for all"