Chapter Fifty- Two

The next morning, Louis and I entered the barn, ready to see what how everyone was preparing for this attack.

Everyone was required to work during the daytime, doing what they could for this fight; leaving the nights to rest and attempt to relax.

Allan, Heath, Kherington, Rose and Edgar were working on weapons for the attack.

Heath had been showing Kherington how to make stakes, just as he once did when he hunted vampires.

She had really taken to being a protector, appearing happier at being human once again and it was as though a light surrounded her now.

Allan had been gathering up every small dagger that we owned, while Rose and Edgar cleaned up the stakes, sharpening them to a point, before dipping them into a potion that Ava and Grace had made.

"What does that potion do exactly?" I asked, pointing to the small pot filled with a dark purple liquid.

Rose stepped forward, placing the stakes down "It was Grace's idea to master a potion that will harm them where they have been hit, as if they are in direct sunlight"

"So it will burn them?" I asked.

She nodded "The only place it will guarantee death though is in the heart, but if you get them in the arm or stomach, it will allow time to attack further as it catches them off guard"

"Will it have an effect on anyone else it hits?" Louis asked, speaking up.

Rose looked down at the potion "It is directed towards the P'yushchego Vampirov, but it is poisonous enough that if it were to strike any of our hearts, we would be dead as well"

He nodded "We must find a way to prepare for that then"

"Kherington, how are you enjoying working with Heath?" I asked, moving on.

She looked at me, smiling "I am enjoying it much more than being a vampire, but I still have not quite adjusted to mortality yet"

"Kherington is learning very quickly, just as Ruby once was" Heath said, patting Kherington on the shoulder.

I looked over at Kherington "That may be the greatest compliment you ever receive"

Allan appeared to be dipping the daggers in the same liquid as Rose and Edgar, catching my attention.

"Is this going on all weapons?" I asked.

Allan nodded "Yes, we feel it will be the best threat we have against them"

"Allan will be in his shapeshifter form, while I remain as this, just in case they can sense our arrival and if they try to attack, I can jump at them as I change" Louis explained.

"Where is Montgomery?" Heath asked.

I looked over to him "The other vampires are trying to enhance their fits, which he is assisting with"

"Cordelia, due to my gift of invulnerability, I want to act as a shield to you" Edgar said, walking over to me.

"Are you sure of that?" I asked, unsure if he knew that would make him a bigger threat.

He nodded "I know they are going to try and weaken you, to take you hostage again"

"What is invulnerability?" Louis asked.

"Mental and physical gifts do not affect me when I am in control. They sting, but that is about it"

"Are you absolutely positive?" I asked, needing his approval of this once more.

"Absolutely, Cordelia; if I live, then I will have done the best thing possible, but if I am to die, then at least I can be with Margery once more" Edgar explained.

I nodded, absolutely grateful for what he will be doing.

He went back over to his station "The only way to stop my gift is death itself"

Louis turned to me "We just might have a real chance in destroying them"

I looked around at everyone working and knew that we did have a chance, but we have no way of preparing for their own weapons.