Chapter Forty- One

I quickly made my way up the staircase, desperately needing to speak to Montgomery on this subject.

After what Killian had just felt, I knew that we needed to act as soon as possible.

I just hope that he would understand my reasoning behind all of this.

"You must order a meeting, now!" I stated, not bothering to knock, but instead storm in.

He looked at me confused "Cordelia, we must let everyone calm down after the recent events"

I groaned "Order a damn meeting, Montgomery! People are droppinglike flies and everyone needs to be aware of the reality that is surrounding them, because we can no longer go day to day just waiting for it to be over with!"

He looked very surprised by my sudden tone and I would lie if I said I wasn't surprised as well.

"Where is this coming from?" he asked.

"Killian is sensing something evil inside of this manor and with Florence refusing to speak to anyone, the only way we can find something wrong is through him" I explained.

"Killian's gift is still premature and we cannot rely just on that, Cordelia" he said, shaking his head.

I marched up to his desk, placing my hands against it and leaning forward "Montgomery, I refuse to sit back, waiting for another innocent person to die until this witch decides to reveal who they are"

He stood up, before placing a hand on my shoulder "I respect the position you have taken to protect those inside this manor"

I watched as he walked to the doorway "Does this mean you will call the meeting?"

He nodded, and then walked to the top of the stairs, before clearing his throat "Meeting! Everyone is to be downstairs immediately!"

"Thank you, Montgomery" I said, before quickly making my way back down the stairs, to catch Georgina before she leaves her room.

Tinsley and Georgina were leaving their room, so I caught up to them "A word, please"

They both stopped and turned to me.

"The spell to reveal the witch must be done during this meeting" I said, lowering my voice as people passed by.

"Why now of all times?" Tinsley asked.

I waited for the remainder of the floor to go downstairs, before leaning in closer "Because this way, they have nowhere to hide"

"What if I fail at the spell?" Georgina asked.

I shook my head "Can you perform it?"

She nodded "Yes, of course. I will stand in the back and do the spell quietly"

"You will have Louis, Paul and Allen standing near you, ready to act if anyone tries to get to you" I said, wanting her to know I would try to keep her safe.

"Now is your time to shine, Georgina" Tinsley said, before bringing Maisie and Langston out of the room and guiding them downstairs.

I looked to Georgina "Is there anything I can do to make this easier for you?"

She walked back into her room, gathering the ingredients she needed, into a small bowl "Yes, if for some reason I am to die tonight, please do not stick me in the ground"

I was confused by her comment, which she realized as she looked at me "I want my body to be treated like all the other brave witches who have perished"

I reached out, hugging her "Of course I will respect your wishes, but hopefully it will be a long time before such actions need to take place"

As we reached downstairs, we immediately went to Paul.