Chapter Thirty

Christine walked next to me as we walked down the stairs, after I had convinced myself enough to go about normal activities in hopes of making everyone at ease.

I had come to the realization that I am the second here and therefore eyes are on me constantly, so if I show my fear, it gives a reason for everyone else to fear.

Besides, I have little choice, because I can either ignore how I fell to do my job or jump in head first, forcing myself to be ready.

"Louis has been asking about you" Christine spoke, as we reached the lower stairs.

"I do not want him worry and I will speak to him when I decide to" I said, reaching the main floor.

I followed Christine as we entered the study, where Heath, Paul, Allan, Helena, Aloysius, Audrey, Kherington, Ava, Killian and Louis were seated.

They all shared the same surprised expression to see me standing there.

Louis stood once he saw me and began walking towards me, but was cut off by Heath, wanting to speak to me.

I watched as Christine saw down next to her brother, speaking to him, while my eyes went to Louis who was seated once again.

"Florence is refusing to speak to me, but yet has no problem telling me that Samuel has turned into one of the P'yushchego Vampirov" Heath spoke, staring down at me "Is this true?"

I nodded "I was forced to watch it"

I did not want to explain that I was fed on, so I just kept the answer short and simple, to the point.

Heath shook his head, groaning "Something has to be done"

"What can we possibly do? We cannot expect Samuel to have the same path as Gabriel, because Samuel is lost to us" I said.

"How could you say such a thing?" he asked, getting the attention from the others around us.

"I have no idea what is going through Florence's mind right now, but as for Samuel, I cannot speak on the matter" I said, walking away, only to get pulled back by Heath.

"You must be joking! I could lose Florence over this!" he yelled, making me startled and Louis jolt to his feet, to my defense.

Louis stood between us, removing Heath's hand from me, knowing how I feel regarding physical contact.

"Well it is all just my fault, all of it!" I screamed out "Is that what you wish to hear, Heath?"

Heath looked down "No, why would you believe it is your fault"

"Well for one, Florence thinks so" I said, surprising him "Also, I refuse to believe there isn't anyone else in this home who is not thinking that it all might just be my fault!" I looked around "Because I feel everyone's eyes on me constantly!"

Christine stood, seeing how upset I was, knowing I would probably run up to my room once again. She walked between us, even Louis "Let Cordelia alone"

Heath let out a sigh and left the study, needing his own privacy.

Christine cleared her throat, trying to end the silence.

"Should I go as well?" Louis asked, looking to me, but I could only look away.

The sound of his footsteps showed that he found his answer.

"Thank you, Christine" I whispered.

She nodded and began speaking; only to start gasping, backing away and knocking over a table in the process.

Allan jumped to his feet, rushing to her "Christine!"