Chapter Thirty- Six

I entered Florence's room, finding her going through her wardrobe and looking trough her dresses.

I knocked on the door, to get her attention.

"Whoever it is, go away" she said, not bothering to look at who was standing there.

I entered the room anyway, knowing that this conversation needed to happen and even if it did not fix things between us, it needed to at least fix her relationship with Heath.

"Florence?" I said, trying to get her attention.

She froze, realizing who was in here with her "What is it you want?"

"We need to speak" I said, jumping straight in.

She shook her head "I could have sworn that I made it clear that I did not wish to speak to you"

"And that is fine and all, but you need to at least speak to Heath"

She turned, stepping away from the wardrobe "Do you not realize that I have no idea how to speak to him, especially since every single time I look at him, all I can see is Samuel's hatred for me, right before he dies"

"Look, it is not Heath's fault and if you wish to stay angry with me, that is fine, but you need to speak to Heath, because he is in so much pain without you"

She sat down on her bed, scoffing "What about my pain?"

I shook my head, leaning against the doorway "You need to speak to him, Florence"

She shook her head "Perhaps our romance was destined to fail, just as Samuel predicted"

"By saying that, yes it is failing, but you and I both know that you still love him" I said "The two of you need to speak, because he is so lost without you and honestly, you are just as lost without him"

I knew she would fight me on this until she was ready to deal with the problem, so I had no choice but to leave.

I turned around "Florence, people are dying all around us and if anything were to happen to Heath, I know it will be just as damaging as losing Samuel"

I left the room and saw Tabitha running out of her room, gasping for air and sobbing as she collapsed against the stairwell.

I ran towards her "Tabitha, what happened?"

She continued gasping, unable to speak, so instead she just repeatedly pointed to the room "I-I was only gone a moment!"

I slowly entered her room and gasped, finding Sandra, hanging by her neck.

I quickly looked away, unable to stare for long

"H-How could she?" Tabitha sobbed.

"Nine" I whispered