Chapter Twenty- Two

I felt like I was slipping in and out of reality, unable to stop seeing images in the dark, as though my mind had officially gone mad and I was falling off the edge.

My vision had become so questionable lately, because I was always in dimmed lighting or no lighting at all, making it hard to be near bright lights.

I shut my eyes, trying to focus on something else.

The bedroom door slowly opened, making me dread the lack of time that seemed to have passed and I started panicking, as though I were human again, losing air.

"Cordelia" a voice whispered.

I shook my head "No! It's too early! Leave me alone!"

The hand reached out to me, as the room became lit again, making me squeeze my eyes more.

"Please" I whimpered.

A hand reached out to me, making me let out a cry.

"Cordelia! Open your eyes!" he yelled.

The voice was not Jakub's, making me scared as I slowly opened my eyes.

"E-Edgar?" I asked in complete disbelief of what who was in front of me.

He smiled "I'm so glad to see you alive"

I started crying and shook my head "No! No! No! This isn't real!" I turned my head away, knowing that I have to be hallucinating this or perhaps Jakub was using his power to play another sick game with my mind, only to reveal itself and destroy me.

"No, Cordelia! I promise you, we are here and we are here to get you out of this nightmare of a place" he said, trying to undo the cuffs.

"We?" I asked, even more confused as I turned to look at him.

He nodded "Louis returned to the manor and we got a small group together to come save everyone that is still alive out here"

My eyes watered "L-Louis is alive?"

He smiled, nodding at me "Yes and he is waiting for you, but we must get you out of these things"

I watched as he grabbed the key lying about and quickly unlocked my hands, allowing me to move on my own terms for once.

"Come now, we must move quickly, before they return" he said, helping me stand up.

He moved quickly out of the room and down the hallway, while I had little strength to fully keep up with him "Edgar, please wait!"

Edgar doubled back and looked me over, realizing just how weak I was and without hesitation, he picked me up, carrying me as he ran down the hallway, looking for the others.

I saw Heath and Allan running towards the main hallway, as they left the dungeon and they both let out a sigh of relief to see me still alive.

"We got everyone alive out of the dungeon, including a woman from Claude's coalition, Alma Yates" Heath said, approaching us "She does not know how long she has been here"

"Alma?" I asked, remembering Kherington mention here numerous times.

I looked around, trying to find Louis, but only saw those who had been injured, including Timothy who was now blind.

"Where is Louis?" I asked.

Allan approached us "He is looking for Samuel"

My face dropped at the reminder of where Samuel really was "It is too late for Samuel"

Heath's shocked expression was enough to let me know that they believed he was dead.

He was dead though, just not as they believed.

Footsteps were heard, making us turn to see Louis running down the hallway with Sandra, who was covered in a blood nightdress.

"Allan, take here" Louis said, handing her to him, before taking me into his arms and hugging me tightly.

"I thought you were dead" I choked.

He shook his head "You were probably told that in hopes it would kill your spirit"

"We must leave now!" Edgar said, helping to get the others out of the hallway.

Louis picked me up, knowing I would be too weak to keep up with them, while Heath did the same for Rowan.

I saw Edgar leading Timothy, so that h did not stumble trying to keep up.

Everyone hurried out of the castle, making their way across the bridge, hoping to get as far away from where they had experienced pain unlike any other.

"They will come for me" I whispered.

Louis looked down at me "They will come to find a war"

I knew he was not lying and would be prepared to die for me, which only made me more uneasy when thinking of how they would react when coming to an empty castle.