Chapter Fifteen

Saskia had changed into a new dress and we were now heading back to the room where Samuel was resting and I knew that they planned to kill him.

Their twisted minds would make me watch, scarring me in the process even more.

"Please do not harm him, I am begging you" I pleaded, as I walked along her.

She had no reaction at all to my begging, instead appearing bored of the matter.

We entered the room and I was shocked to him rolling around on the floor, appearing to be going mad.

I started going to him, getting pulled back immediately "What have you done to him!"

"Originally the P'yushchego Vampirov could just bite anyone on the neck and they would be turned, but after we rebelled against our creators, the witches made it much more difficult to grow in numbers" Saskia explained.

"What does that have to do with any of this?" I said, unable to look away from Samuel, as he screamed out.

"The point, Cordelia is that we can only turn vampires and then the only way to have them successfully transition is to have them feed on someone that they love" Saskia continued.

I shook my head "That cannot be right. Gabriel was human when he turned and he did not have to feed on someone!"

Saskia laughed, which was soon turning into something that sent a chill down my spine every time I heard it "He was living as a vampire in secret, since he could walk in the sun. He was turned before his daughter was born and as far as feeding on a loved one, he was forced to feed on his wife, killing her"

My eyes widened at this information, because he had explained to me that his wife died from sickness, long before he was turned.

"Kneel" Jakub ordered, walking in front of me.

I frowned "I will do no such thing"

He grabbed a handful of my hair, yanking my head back "Kneel to the ground, before I make you do it myself"

I started shaking as I got down onto the ground "There!"

"Now as far as your confusion to what is taking place" Saskia said, now circling me "Your precious Samuel is in the process of transforming into one of us and he will need someone to feed on"

I shook my head "You will make him feed from me?"

"Just until he takes what he needs" she said, petting my hair "Do not worry, we will not let him kill you, because then we would not get what we needed from you"

I watched as Jakub unlocked the cuffs on Samuel's wrists, pulling him by the collar towards me.

I tried backing away, but Saskia held me in place.

"Do not fight, because it will only make this much more painful than we intend for it to be" Saskia commented.

Jakub dropped Samuel to the ground, who was much too weak to fight the off or even run.

I took Samuel's hand "I know you are still in there"

"Yes, he is still in there, but the good thing about becoming one of us, is that your very soul and the last of your humanity is stripped of your body when you transform" Saskia explained.

I glared at her "I already knew that someone like you could never have a soul"

"And I am stronger because of it! Just as your friend will be and for the rest of your life, as he lives as one of us, you will know that this is all your doing"

Jakub returned to us, holding a dagger in his hand and grabbed my arm, using the dagger to cut open my arm, stinging me and making me cry out.

Samuel stopped moving as he caught the scent of my blood and as he turned to me, the man I once knew was now slipping away from me.

"Feed, Samuel. You know you want to" Jakub said, grinning.

Samuel grabbed my arm and sunk his teeth into it, tearing open my flesh, leaving me in shock at what was now taking place.

-
Decided to post two chapters today. Let me know in the comments your thoughts regarding all that is happening. I'm really intrigued to know what you all think, especially with this chapter.