TMBMAMB 12: What if I say I do?

What if I say I do?

Charlotte's P.O.V

It's been three weeks after the shocking announcement. And things have quieted a lot.

I am seating on the garden bench, enjoying the fresh cool wind and the beautiful scenery with the dancing trees and colorful flowers.

But it was cut short when someone sat next to me.

"So... how is it living in such a place like this?" she asked.

I mentally sighed, I shouldn't have walked out this morning.

"What would you like to hear me say?" I asked.

She snorted, "I want you to get lost."

A smile slowly formed on my lips as I stayed silent at how straightforward she said it.

"I just don't get why? Of all people, why someone like you?" she asked angrily.

My eyebrows met but my smile did not vanish.

"You're a fckng nobody! Why would he.. he... make that thing with you in the first place?!"

I bit my lower lip until it bled, but I let it stay inside my mouth for her not to see it.

"I think it's about time you get out of here Holly," someone from behind said.

"How dare you say that to me?" Holly asked as she stood up and face the bold guy who said it.

"I am under the command of boss and I am only following orders. Need I remind you that no matter who you are, be you his mom or sister, you still will be eliminated if you do not comply with what he wants," the voice informed.

Holly smirked, "Too bad he isn't here to tell you to kill me if I don't fck off."

I looked at Holly without turning my head to her direction, this girl cusses more than the people I killed in my mind.

But I saw how he handed her a cellphone.

She took it and placed it on her ear.

She was silent for a while before her face turned into an unsightly view.

With her teeth gritted, eyebrows knitted and fist clenched, she threw the phone to the ground with a hard smash that broke the phone to pieces.

"You will regret doing this to my brother you good for nothing nobody! If it isn't for you, he wouldn't be an idiotic moron that he is right now!" she shouted.

I looked forward to the colorful scenery in front of me, "Nobody would have predicted it, not even a fortune teller. Things just went the way they happened. I don't know why, when and how did things come this way. I'm not even sure how I still am alive up to this day. Believe me or not, nobody wanted this. Not even me. I was not the one in control and I know that you're aware of how things ended up like this because unlike a nobody like me, you're a somebody in this family. So instead of blaming me, why not channel that anger into something more productive and not waste it on a nobody like me?"

She snorted but said nothing more, instead she flipped her hair and started walking out.

"You're as cold as they claim you to be," the guy behind me said.

"Cold. Emotionless. Indifferent. Blank. I wonder what words are still there stored for me to be named," I responded.

He laughed, "You're amazing as they say! No wonder the boss was struck hard."

"Struck what?" I asked as I finally turned around to see the person behind me.

He was the guy eating at Jayden's left side.

Gil was it?

I'm pretty sure it is his name.

"Fell. He fell. I'm pretty sure he fell deep," he clarified.

My eyebrows knitted.

"If we are talking about feelings then I'm sure you must be mistaken," I said.

He snorted, "I know what could be added in your name list. Naive, slow, innocent, callow."

I just gave him a couple of blinks before turning back around.

"Do you really, up to this day, still believe that he's still not into you?" he asked.

"Stop. Please stop saying nonsensical things."

"Whatever you say princess," he said.

I sighed.

"But you know, I lived here longer than you think. I know him just as how much Patrick knows him. And I could say that he really fell deep."

I looked at him with a slight smile, "You're a funny guy."

He just laughed.

I already knew.

He already told me.

That's why I don't want to think about it.

Because thinking about it is making me crazy.

I don't know what to think or what to do.

How am I suppose to act around him?

What things am I suppose to say to him?

How do I face him?

Should I respond to his confession?

See?!

I've been acting so normal because I fckin have no clue what to do!

Ah.

Craziness is overtaking me once again.

I breathed in and out.

"It's amazing how you control yourself with situations as intimidating as how you've faced Holly just awhile back. How you overcame your first torture the first day you were brought here. How you deal with girls who's jealous of you for having his heart. How you react with these kind of topics. How you act around the most feared person in the country. How you keep everything to yourself. How you don't speak when all you want to do was to shout. How you don't cry when the ball of pain, exhaustion and fear is bubbling up in you like it's gonna blow any second. How you don't show any of your expression when you're frowning inside. I don't know why Alfred still hasn't taken action," he said as he sat next to me.

I crossed my arms on my chest as I pinched both my arms.

"I just would like to know though, your ever dearly most highest princess in the country, do you by any chance even the slightest, like the boss?" he asked.

I looked up at the tree's branches where its leaves are dancing with the wind.

"What if I say I do?" I asked in a hushed tone.