TMBMAMB 29.1 - Risks and Chances

Risks and Chances

Charlotte's P.O.V

After he left, I stayed seated on bed.

So this is what he felt when I went away.

I .. I really can't do anything about it... right?

I laid back down...

Don't worry... he'll be back... he'll be back.

.
.
.

.
.
.

.
.
.

.
.
.

.
.
.

.
.
.

Nearly a month had passed and the mansion has been quiet ever since he left. Had it not been for the guests,  it would have stayed deafeningly quiet.

I am sitting on the garden bench reading a book that has intrigued me. Richard is currently in their room, fixing his camera as he had accidentally dropped it in the swimming pool when they were playing there yesterday. Alicia is in the kitchen, learning how to bake, asking Fiona to teach her how to bake as she saw how amazingly delightful Fiona's pastries had been ever since she came. The twins are playing in front of me with Granny Lyn's guidance and protection.

I haven't seen Gil for quite a long while. If I had, I've only seen him walking to his destination with a serious face. The number of men patrolling has doubled and the security had tightened. The Montreal family also hasn't visited ever since Jayden left and even Vince hasn't shown himself. As for Grey, I haven't seen him at all.

Gabriella, on the other hand, has been stirring trouble frequently. After she got better,  she's been spreading lies about how I'm an evil creature and how I'm not fit to be here. The people in the mansion completely knew what she's trying to do but they just kept quiet and let her be as I had ordered them to do so.  However, Alicia has been growing quite impatient and had once tried to beat Gabriella into pulp, fortunately,  Richard stopped her before she could.

As for Jayden...

.
.
.
                      . . . I haven't heard about him...

                      . . . And Gil informed me that I wouldn't be able to until he comes back.

My heart is now sinking again ... Feeling how he felt when I left him...

But..  My heart sank deeper as I asked myself if he even missed me like this when I left him.

Did he ever?

I sighed.

I've never felt so disturbed.

I long since knew that I had feelings for him.

I long since realized that I fell in love with him.

It's been so long since he said he loves me.

And it's been years that we've been together but we're still completely clueless about each other.

We've met a couple of years ago but we still doesn't know each other.

How was it even possible?

We've grown so attached to each other with our situation... It's like falling in love with a person you just knew by name.

But even so... what I've been really really disturbed about was that... how I've shown him my true feelings.

I'm actually reflecting how I haven't been so affectionate before.