TMBMAMB 2- The week of rest

The Week of Rest

I am on my way to the boss's office to bring him his afternoon coffee. After the day I made one for him, he ordered me to make him coffee every afternoon. And so, here I am, walking to his office with the coffee he ordered me to make.

But as I walk, I looked outside the window. There, I saw their garden, or I wouldn't even call it a garden because it was lifeless. But nevertheless, it still is a place that everyone calls a garden.

However, this garden isn't as neat like of those in fairy tales and as beautiful like of those in wonderland. The fountain also isn't working. It's as if like the garden was deserted and nobody even thought of fixing it. I felt bad for the place that I had this crazy idea. Though, I am hoping that the boss would approve.

I also have my morning consultation with doctor Alfred and morning sickness are frequently occurring. I'll be two months pregnant the day after tomorrow and what I'm fearing was the bump that will show up sooner or later. So I really have to tell the boss or I'd really be in trouble if he finds it out himself. I was planning to, but I never had the chance or the timing is off.

I sighed, thinking about how complicated things are.

If you are wondering how we're doing with this mafia boss, well , like how we are everyday. I just stand there silently until he ask me to make him a cup of coffee. I am of no use other than making him a cup of coffee and stand there all day long. The only time I only get to sit was when we eat lunch, but that's about it.

Of course, he's not always in the office. He sometimes don't come because of business meetings and other stuff. I probably am the only one who knows where he sometimes is, but I never cared. I mean, why would I? As long as I neatly and orderly fixed his files on his table and that I don't get in with his other business, then I'm good. My job is done.

As for my disorder, it has calmed down. For the past weeks that I had lived here, I finally felt safe. Though it still occurs sometimes, around midnight. I am more than thankful when doctor Alfred reassured me that the rooms were soundproof and that I shouldn't worry about waking up someone. Though he told me that I should call him when the disorder occurs so that he could help me, but I just kept it on my own. I wouldn't bother him because of my nightmares, I could manage.

"Here's the coffee. Can I get you something else?" I asked after placing his coffee above the papers he was reading.

"No."

I just nodded and did what I always do, stand there until the clock hits 6.

Then I remembered about the garden. I took deep breaths and waited for him to stop and have his coffee break so that I could get his full attention.

And so I waited. Well it just took 5 minutes because of course, he wouldn't want his coffee cold.

"Uhm, " I started.

He looked at me while still holding his cup of coffee.

"S-since I am of no use in here. May I ask if I could do other things outside? I mean, you really don't need an assistant right? Don't worry, I won't forget about making you your coffee."

"No," was his direct answer.

My emotionless face didn't falter. I mentally sighed, what was I expecting? He's a heartless man after all, what's new? Well, other than keeping me alive. But still, the person that he kept alive was the only person who wanted to die, I mean, should I still call that kindness?

Going back, he sipped from his coffee again burning holes at the paper in front of him with his intense gaze and brows knitted together. While me on the other hand wondered what it feels like to plant seeds on that garden. What would it look like and such. I never had experienced much when I was still in my father's domain. I was just locked up reading books, having my lessons, having the training and nothing leisurely ones. I somehow have hints on how to play musical instruments and vast knowledge about life.