TMBMAMB 17: Marlon

MARLON

MARLON'S P.O.V

After the day when the family held the party for the participation of the other groups in finding my useless sister, everything went back to normal. However, this time, it is quieter.

Dad went back to being a workaholic bastrd and assigned me instead on looking for her body.

Mom is often out but this time, she barely comes back home.

The act of caring for Charlotte lasted for less than a week. And I feel both happy and sad.

Charlotte has always been a quiet shadow in the background. I never even heard her complain. Ever since she was young until she went missing, she always had shut her mouth.

Even when Austin did unimaginable things to her, she never uttered a single complain.

Which was good by the way. If she had, then she would have been beaten by me.

She should be thankful that Austin was always around, serving as my punching bag instead.

I scoffed remembering how that dumsh!t first annoyed me with his narcissistic bragging. Ever since then I would beat him for fun whenever I bump into him.

I punched the punching bag in front of me.

I searched the forests where Jayden could have possibly killed her but nothing was found.

I tried looking for places where he could have buried her body but to no avail.

I tried everything and when I didn't find any, I formed two conclusions. First, he could have burned the body. Or secondly, her body might be in his estate.

Beside those two conclusion is a lingering suspicion.

A suspicion if she could still possibly be alive and have hidden herself well.

Alive or not, I need to find her body. The earlier I find it, the earlier I'll get to be the boss.

To be able to take her assets. It would surely bring me the upper hand.

I punched the punching bag again.

Why does she annoy me even when she's gone?

I punched the bag again.

And again.

And again.

And then stopped.

Now that I'm thinking about it, Jayden's fiance resembles Charlotte a lot.

But a lot of differences.

I did try to look for her information but everytime I do, it always says confidential.

Either it's Jayden's work or her family must be important and powerful in the society, keeping her identity secret.

Eventually, I gave up.

I took off my gloves as I went to my room to take a bath.

My bath is already prepared so I went in and took a deep breath.

My problem got even bigger when the fking Galileans attacked my men who were searching for the body.

I got enraged that I am currently attacking theirs.

I was even informed that they're trying to have another group join them, which annoyed me more.

Those cowards, they shouldn't have attacked in the first place if they can't fight on their own.

My head is throbbing.

If they are able to persuade another group then we're at a big disadvantage.

I stepped out the tub and changed my clothes.

And then my phone rang. An unknown number.

"Hello?"

'I heard about the Galileans.' a familiar voice said.

My eyebrows wrinkled.

"Who are you?" I asked.

'This is Gil from the Montreal group. The boss is offering help for collaboration in crushing your enemy. However, we only have this time to talk whether or not would you accept our help. After the phone call, I'm afraid we can no longer talk about it if you decline."

Montreal?

Wtf?

This is rather suspicious.

Why would they offer help? It doesn't even concern them.

"What's in it for you?" I asked.

He laughed, 'We're not asking for anything in return. Like I said, the boss is offering help. We're not having a deal, don't worry.'

This made my brows knit more.

That just made it more suspicious.

But the offer is rather tempting. With the Montreal's help, I would not only defeat the enemy, I would be able to crush them.

But if dad finds out that I was able to crush the Galileans with the Montreal's help, then he'd find me unsuitable as the next leader of the group.

'Mr Angels, I know how suspicious things are right now but I assure you that we don't have anything against you.'

My head is aching.

You know what? Being a leader means taking a risk in order to bring the group to a higher level.

"Thanks. We would really appreciate the help," I said.

He laughed again, "Wise choice Mr Angels. This is my number, we will serve as help from now on. If you need anything, call me. If meetings are held then please don't hold back calling me, I'll surely attend."

I didn't say anything anymore.

Well, I still need to take precautions. But having them behind my back is a great advantage.

I smirked. Galileans, I scoffed.

I wonder if I could also ask them about my sister's body.