TMBMAMB 1.3

Charlotte's P.O.V

True to her words, the doctor came.

"Hello, how are you?" he greeted.

I just nodded.

"A month pregnant now are we? Have a sit, we need to see the condition of the child," he said as he walked towards the bedside chair.

I followed and sat on the bed. He did things a doctor would do when checking up on patients.

"Everything's good. But, the child might, and has the slightest possibility to die if you don't take care of yourself. I'll prescribe you to some vitamins that you need and I'll tell Flora to give you the right nourishment needed," he said.

I nodded, "Thank you."

He looked me straight in the eyes, "If you do truly care about your child, you must avoid getting yourself hurt."

I nodded, but was paralyzed when Austin's voice came in mind.

That's right Charlotte, avoid getting hurt. I am the only one allowed to hurt you.

I ran to the corner of the room looking at the bed with wide terrified eyes. Tears attempting to fall once again.

"Are you okay?" the doctor asked.

I frantically shook my head. My breathing unstable, my chest constricting and my eyes stinging. My body's trembling but the more I try to stop it, the more I tremble.

"No, no no no. D-don't come a-any closer," I said, looking at the image of Austin coming closer to me, smirking.

"What's happening?" the doctor once again asked.

I shook my head, still trying to stop my tears from falling.. even though they already did.

"No, no, no. Please, please leave me alone. Please, please stop. Please. Please." my voice quivering.

"Okay, I'll leave," the doctor nodded as he went out the door.

As soon as the doors closed, I ran fast to the bathroom to wash my face. I swallowed hard and breathed deep. I let out a shaky breath, trying to calm myself. I choked out a sob, then tears ran down my cheek again. I washed it clean for a couple of times but to my dismay, my heart wouldn't just calm down.

I sat on the floor, embracing my knees with my head on top of it. I tried to control my nerves as I breathed in air slowly. I was almost halfway calm when I was startled to hear someone from in front.

"Does this happen a lot?"

My head snapped fast to the person leaning on the frame of the door.

"I-I thought you left," I gasped.

"Yes. But I can't bring myself to leave a crazy and injured person," he answered.

Crazy?

"Excuse me? I'm not crazy!" I snapped.

"Lunatic then?" he asked with his eyebrow raised.

"What? No!!!" I denied.

"Then ... how do you explain your situation right now?" he asked.

"There are things that people must always do. Do you know what that is doctor? It's to mind our own businesses. And even if I tell you, you wouldn't understand," I said standing up. I faced the sink and splashed water on my face a couple times more. The cold water is helpful in calming me down.

"Oh please, I'm minding my own business right now. In fact, I'm talking with her right now," he said.

My brows knitted.