Chapter Eight | Old Friends

Only two days later Zayn woke up in a hotel he crashed in yesterday morning. Suit cases were around the room and the sun was shining very bright through the window. He was actually back in California and he couldn't believe it. This was where it all started and this is where he wanted things to end happily, but shit turned around and it really frustrated him. Memories came to his mind as he looked around the hotel room. It looked similar to the one Luna and Zayn made love in but it was much different.

Instead he woke up alone and kinda cold. He didn't have her by his side, naked and out of breath like years before. Zayn still remembered her telling him how much she loved him and all. He had said the same thing too and he really meant it. That was the day where they got on separate planes on the airport. Those events were on his mind now, and it just made him even more depressed. It was very unhealthy for him to be feeling this way, he just wanted to be happy again but there was nothing that could bring him up right now.

He wondered if Luna still cared about him still. Zayn missed her so much that it emotionally tore him apart every time she clouded his mind. Did she look the same? Did her personality change? Did she even try to get in touch with him again? Zayn seriously wondered what could be going on with Luna. That was his first love and he still cared about her even though he hasn't talked to her in a while. His heart still belonged to her and it will always belong to her. No matter what happened in the past or what was happening now he still loved her regardless.

Sighing, he got up from his bed and stretched. The view was amazing and he honestly missed this place. Italy was his dream destination but it was very different. Yeah, he enjoyed the country very much but he really needed a break especially from Zoey and his management team. What he really needed to do is get in touch with his family and Louis again. He hasn't talked to his big sister in weeks and he hasn't spoken to Louis in a couple of days. Maybe he needed this break afterall.

>

Louis was with his fiancé right now, cuddled up on the couch while they watched old cartoons that was playing today. Next thing you know his phone started ringing.

"Who is it babe?" Rachel asked curiously.

"It's Zayn, hold on," Louis grabbed his phone and got up from the couch so he could make his way to the kitchen. He answered the phone, "Hello?"

"L-Louis..I'm back," Zayn spoke through the phone.

"What do you mean you're back?" Louis asked with a frown on his face.

"Back..back in Cali," he told him.

Louis was very shocked at this, he let out a deep breath then grinned," Well..that's very interesting to know."

"Zoey very a-annoying," Zayn mumbled underneath his breath. "Had to g-get..to get away."

"Good for you Zayn. Just know you're the man in charge and you can do whatever the fuck you wanna do," Louis says proudly.

Zayn laughed a little bit, "Thanks."

"We should grab something to eat, yeah? Talk about some things and whatnot," Louis suggested.

"S-Sounds good, yes," Zayn says over the phone.

"Well let me get ready and I'll text you a place," Louis says.

"S'okay," after that was said, Zayn hung up.

Louis locked his phone and went back into the living room. His fiancé currently laughing at the screen that displayed the PowerRangers, "Sorry to cut our day short babe but Zayn and I are meeting up later on."

"It's fine, just know that I'm eating all the icecream," Rachel giggled.

"Fine with me babe," Louis chuckled and kissed her forehead before leaving her to herself.

>

Zayn waited at the small diner that was by his hotel. He constantly checked his watch, noticing that Louis was running exactly six minutes late. Rolling his eyes played with his hoodie strings for a distraction. His condition has gotten better and wore as time went by. Zayn was very impatient now and but less easy tempered. But with some help he knew how to calm his antsy nerves.

The little bell rung and there was Louis walking in. He had a smile on his face and all Zayn could do was roll his eyes. Louis took a seat and cleared his throat, "My good friend, how you been?"

"Not..not so good," Zayn mumbled.

"I see your speech has gotten better. Who's been helping you?" Louis asks.

"S'self," Zayn shrugged, and it was the truth. He wanted to get better at his communication skills so he would take time out of the day to practice his words.

"That's good mate," Louis nodded. "So how was Italy?"

"F-Fun I guess..need b-break," Zayn tells him.

"Zoey?" Louis asked, knowing about his fiancé.

The Pakistani man rolled his eyes, "Annoying."

"She is your fiancé Zayn," Louis murmurs. "You really plan on marrying her?"

His hazel eyes went down as he fumbled with his fingers. Louis was his good friend and all but he didn't know everything. There were some things that he just didn't know about. For example Zoey wasn't his real 'fiancé'. She was just a full in, and an extra add-on to the equation aka contract.

Louis sighed, "I know that look Zayn."

"C-C-Complicated," Zayn croaked.

"Hey look at me Zayn," Louis cooed. "Everything is going to be okay, alright? I'm here for you, just know that."

And that was something that Zayn hasn't heard in a long time. It literally brought tears to his eyes but he quickly wiped them away. He felt something in his heart in that moment. Maybe this was a really good idea for him to get away.

-

☺️😭

vote/comment
- BookOfBandz