Chapter Nineteen | Down & Up

"Zayn..stop trying to put me in the mood," Luna mumbled against his chest.

"You're..you're s-setting me up," Zayn scoffed.

Earlier today Zayn had sat on the couch and Luna came along and literally straddled his lap so she could just chill there. So his hands accidentally moved down to her ass and he might have or might have not grabbed it a little bit—but hey, you can't blame the man for not grabbing what is his.

Luna looked at him, "Don't get smart with me."

Zayn raises his eyebrows at her, "A-Are you..you talking to m-me?"

Luna ended up laughing after moments of staring at him, "I love you babe," she then rested her cheek on his chest and squeezed his body.

"Love y-you..you too," Zayn murmured and hugged her curvy body that he always loved to hold.

The two were doing just fine now. Luna and Zayn has been spending so much time with each other lately. They even have caught up on each other, and they manage to have family time with Jaycie. If you were wondering Zayn and Luna are not official yet. The conversation has never been brought up ever since they reunited a while ago. They just ended up falling in love even more.

Not that they didn't want to be together or anything because they do want to be involved each other's lives again. Now that Jaycie is in the picture there is no way for them to decline this chance and opportunity to start something new. Luna and Zayn just hasn't talked about it because it never really registered to them. The two of them just wanted to spend time with each other because that is important right now. Yeah, they loved each other still and they love Jaycie but that doesn't mean that everything is flowers and rainbows. There is so much more to that.

"D-Do..do you knooww we s-should do?" Zayn spoke and he sounded so excited that it made Luna's heart flutter.

She looked at him and smiled, "What should we do handsome?"

Zayn blushed and looked away from her for a moment, "W-We..we should see f-family."

"But we already saw your family babe," Luna tells him gently.

"N-Not mine," he states. "Yours."

She sat up straight when she heard that one. Luna crossed her arms over her chest and raised an eyebrow at him, "Are you joking?"

Zayn was kinda confused and hurt at this point, "N-Not..clown."

"I know but I don't think that's the brightest idea," Luna partially mumbled then she slid off his lap.

Zayn bit his lip and looked down, he fumbled with his fingers nervously, "Stupid..s-stupid..stupid plan?" His voice even cracked at the end because he became emotional. He hated when people rejected his suggestions or ideas. That's why he kept everything to himself so he wouldn't have to go through the rejections. What she said was harsh.

"No babe," Luna whined as she quickly took his hands and kissed his knuckles for an apology. She looked deeply in his eyes. "Zayn it's not a stupid idea. I'm so sorry babe, I didn't mean to offend you. Please don't cry."

"Mh'not," Zayn sniffed and wiped his slightly wet face with the back of his hands. He then slowly brought his knees to his chest and bit his lip to hold it back. Those words really got to him because that is what almost everybody said to him when he brought something up his own. He didn't like the feeling of getting shut down. Especially from people that meant the most to him.

"Come here baby boy," Luna says pulling him into her arms and kissing the top of his head. "I'm so sorry Z."

"S'okay," Zayn sniffs. "B-Big..big boy."

"And you are Z..I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I really care about you and how you feel. My bad for not hearing you out baby, I'm sorry," Luna apologized.

"Fine now," he says sincerely and even added a little shrug.

"So..why do you want to see my family?" Luna sighs. "I barely have anybody to see."

"B-Beause..it is v-very..important," Zayn says.

"Your family is the only family that I have Zayn...I-I don't really have nobody else," Luna whispers.

He finally looked at her and Luna looked very sad. She didn't have anybody else and that made him feel almost sorry for her. He had a family that didn't care too much about him until now but at least he had a family. It seems like Luna has no one.

"I never really knew my parents," Luna spoke softly, her eyes were now drifted away from his as she talked. "Apparently my grandma on my mother's side took me in when I was only three years old. I don't remember them at all and soon enough I just forgot about them."

He was speechless. This woman was so loving and kind. How could she not have people to properly love her if all she does is love people. He held her tight out of instinct, "I'm s-sorry love," Zayn says sincerely.

"No, I'm sorry for being mean. It's just a reaction because I really don't have any family honestly except for my grandma. But even that..she really don't give a fuck about me," Luna shrugs.

"H-Have you..y-you talked to her?" He asks.

"No I haven't," Luna answers. "Ever since I started going to California's Fine Arts then I have never spoken to that woman."

"Weeelll," Zayn drags while he wiggled his eyebrows.

Luna laughed at his goofiness, "What are you thinking babe?"

"Y-You..you should g-go..go see grandma. A-And..we should too," Zayn says with a firm nod.

"Do you think it's worth meeting her? Especially telling her that I have a baby now?" Luna asks nervously.

Zayn nodded again and started to smile, "It's..all w-worth it."

-

I have been lazy but I have also been working on this other book 😛 . && I'm writing a part 3 because I felt like I wasted this chapter ....

vote/comment
- BookOfBandz