Theoden is Welcomed Back Into the Light

Caladwen's POV:

I had followed Gandolf, Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas to Rohan, where king Theoden was under Saruman's control. I saw the four of them ride into the city of Edoras. I saw them walk into the great hall, where I suspected that Theoden would be. It wasn't long before I saw Wormtongue storm out of the hall and crumble to his feet, from having Theoden pursue him with anger. Just before Theoden could make Wormtongue suffer, Aragorn stepped in and stopped the king of Rohan. Grima pushed his way through a crowd of Rohan people. I saw him go into the stables and come out on horse back. I knew then, that Grima Wormtongue was fleeing the scene and was going to make his way to Isengard.

I was so angry right now. Not only had Grima failed his task, but Saruman had failed as well. For the second time. I quickly rode after Grima. It didn't take me long to catch up with Grima Wormtongue. He galloped his horse even faster, as I came closer to him. I wasn't pleased that he was trying to escape from me, so I rode Sadron ahead of him and stopped in front of Grima, causing his horse to come to an immediate stop.

"You will follow me to Isengard, Grima Wormtongue." I commanded.

Grima Wormtongue didn't say anything in return. He simply nodded his head to me. We galloped out horses across the lands of Middle Earth. I had so much anger built up inside me. Saruman had failed once again and I wasn't pleased. How could my father trust him more than me? I have not failed him yet, but his minions keep failing over and over again.

When we finally reached Isengard, we walked our horses to the Saruman's tower. Grima rode behind me, with his head looking down at the ground in shame. However, I kept my head straight up and sat up straight in my saddle. The orcs kept their eye on me as they kept working. It wasn't long before Saruman became aware that I was here because he eventually came out from his tower.

I stopped my horse, just before the steps of the tower. Grima Wormtongue hopped off his horse and walked over to his master, Saruman.

"Caladwen, daughter of my master Sauron," greeted Saruman with a bow. "I was not aware that you were coming."

"I wasn't expecting to come here either." I replied. "However, when I saw Grima flee his post and Theoden walking around Rohan I knew I had to come to Isengard, so that I may see you."

Saruman said nothing. He remained quiet.

"You have failed twice, Saruman. I would hope, for your sake, that you don't fail again. Because if you do, I will be the one to punish you greatly after your third failure." I said.

Before I could go on, my falcon came flying down to me. I stuck out my arm, so my falcon could land on it.

"Locien, where have you been?" I asked. "I can tell that you have flown a long way."

I gently scratched underneath his beak. I looked down at his feet and saw a note attached to his right ankle. I pulled the note out and unfolded it.

It said,

Rohan is evacuating to Helms Deep

 - Witch-king of Angmar

I looked up at Saruman.

"It appears that you have one last chance to redeem yourself, Saruman. It appears that Rohan is going to Helms Deep." I informed. "Have your army prepare for battle."